Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Right so just thought I'd post this as a bit of a heads up. I'll be breaking alot of the car after the last round in september (if theres anything left to break lol!). Engine (rebuilt not so long ago), turbo kit, megasquirt, injectors etc etc. Basically you could buy the whole lot and it would already be mapped then for 236bhp, which would be alot in a road car! T25 turbo is on its way out though, so I'd recommend just slotting a fresher version on.

Wheels, Tein coilovers, drivetrain including the Excedy heavy duty clutch, front lip, seats, and loads of other bits. So just a heads up for anyone in the market or thinking of going that route to maybe save up or keep it in mind.

Cant guarantee I'll be breaking those parts, but 80% sure. Prices will be pretty good value imo.

Status
    User ID

How much would u be lookin for the coilovers front lip and lock knuckles?

My signature picture was fricking huge - Admin

click the image to see my facebook page

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by haydomiata View Post
    How much would u be lookin for the coilovers front lip and lock knuckles?
    Coilovers 200 anyway. Front lip I wouldnt be 100% I'm selling it, and its not 100% anyway, but I'd imagine about 60 quid? Dont plan on selling the extra lock knuckles for the moment, unless we come up with a different or better alternative. They stand me quite alot anyway so wouldnt be too cheap tbh.

Status
    User ID

What route you planning to go for next season? Hope your keeping the 5!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    What route you planning to go for next season? Hope your keeping the 5!
    Have a plan, but gonna keep it underwraps till atleast some concrete plans are made. Pie in the sky stuff really at the moment, but I will be keeping the 5 anyway....I'd say

Status
    User ID

Im sure Ill take a few bits off you! When you do decide to break it give me a call first! You have my no.

I could probably guess what way your going to go with it, maybe an alternative from the mazda factory! Anything other than that will be a pain in the arse hole, on acount of the front mounted steering rack that the mazda's use!

Cant wait to hear your plans anyways!

and as I said, call me for first dibs on stuff!!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by twailbait View Post
    Im sure Ill take a few bits off you! When you do decide to break it give me a call first! You have my no.

I could probably guess what way your going to go with it, maybe an alternative from the mazda factory! Anything other than that will be a pain in the arse hole, on acount of the front mounted steering rack that the mazda's use!

Cant wait to hear your plans anyways!

and as I said, call me for first dibs on stuff!!
    No bother Timmy, I'll give ya a shout closer to the time, or I'm sure I'll be chatting to you at Japfest anyway if you're there.

Whatever I'll be doing I just want to do it 100% properly this time. Very hard to gradually change a road car to a drift car and not have small problems here and there. So a full ground up build that might last me a few years, and be hopefully able to compete near the top if I ever get good enough is what I'm aiming at. Plus I want to try and finally make the car look 100% how I want. So I'm probably looking at a stupid amount of money, and just need to see whether thats possible or not first, or if any sponsors would be interested etc. I should just sell everything, buy Nick Quelys car or similar, and actually find out if I'm in anyway good enough lol!! But after alot of discussions I decided this would be the better approach for me for a few reasons.

Firstly even if I fail, atleast I'll have hopefully built a car I'd truelly love, rather than just something I want to compete in and that gives me the best chance. That might seem stupid to some ppl, but probably makes sense to alot of others too.

And secondly, if by some miracle I could pull it off, and end up doing well, well then it will get me alot more notice, and probably alot more opportunities etc. So it would really be an all or nothing gamble for me at drifting, and if it fails then I'll just have to look at some other form of motorsport lol!!

I hope your doing what you told me in mondello dude !!

It'd be epic on a whole other level...

Dooooooooo iiiiiittttttttt

driftireland Staff - Moderator
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by markII-90 View Post

yes me tooo.... be epic!!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by markII-90 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    yes me tooo.... be epic!!
    I'm obviously not too good with secrets haha!!....but yeh still the plan. Just making it a reality is not gonna be easy!