Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default Jzx100 interior heater problem

Having some trouble with the interior heater on my chaser, not blowing out any hot air in the car at all, only cold air. The car runs at full temperature, thermostat operating fine, water tap on bulkhead working fine, and motor on heater matrix seems to be working fine...? the water seems to be circulating fine aswell and all pipes are heating up ok... Anyone ever have similar problems or come across this??

Status
    User ID

I had this exact problem. I changed everything before i figured out what it was.
    Theres a small motor under the dash at the top above the radio. If you take out the glovebox compartment and look in over where the radio is you will just see it. The handiest way is to turn the heating up and you should hear a small whirring/clicking sound, follow that. Its almost like the arm of the motor is jammed.

What i done to fix it was to spray a small but of silicone lubricant on the plastic arm and give it a wiggle with a screwdriver and its perfect since. 30 mins would have everything done. If this makes absolutely no sense, pm me your phone number and ill talk you through it.

Status
    User ID

Thanks for the reply, is the cable for the water tap connected to this arm? it seems to be moving ok....?

Status
    User ID

I'm not entirely sure what its connected to, don't think its to the tap as when i manually moved the tap, it made no difference. it seemed to me like a mixing valve in the cabin. From memory its something to do with ambient external temperature as the point at which it was affected varied by the outstide temperature. This was during the summer months so may not be as prevalent with the current temperatures.

Status
    User ID

Got this sorted, thanks for d help

Status
    User ID

What did it turn out to be?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    What did it turn out to be?
    There is an arm the comes off 1 of the flaps that directs the cold/hot air behind the dash, the motor moves this little arm. the screw that holds on the arm onto the flap had snapped and the flap was not opening!