Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default E36 m44 gearbox with m52 engine

So possibly buying an m52b25 to put into me e36 318ti with an m44b19.

I want to know before i go ahead with buying it, will the engine bolt straight onto the m44 gearbox without any need to get front half of the prop shaft from a 325i or 328i? And will i need any other parts to make the m44 box work with the m52?

Also would i be better off getting a new flywheel and clutch? If so what should i try and get one from a 325i or a 328i? Dont want to pay massive money for one budget is roughly 200-250 for a flywheel and clutch.

Thanks

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan_G View Post
    So possibly buying an m52b25 to put into me e36 318ti with an m44b19.

I want to know before i go ahead with buying it, will the engine bolt straight onto the m44 gearbox without any need to get front half of the prop shaft from a 325i or 328i? And will i need any other parts to make the m44 box work with the m52?

Also would i be better off getting a new flywheel and clutch? If so what should i try and get one from a 325i or a 328i? Dont want to pay massive money for one budget is roughly 200-250 for a flywheel and clutch.

Thanks
    Gear box won't last long also a change in prop and diff too.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

as said you'll need diff box prop and drive shafts. loom been a diesel one you have the front suspension might already be heavier then the 4 cylinder petrols so maybe you won't have to change the suspension. is it a road car? if not theres a company in usa that make a clutch called the f1 clutch for them and its very aggressive if you want it for track