Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Status
    User ID

Had it out for a spin this morning, love how it sounds

Coilovers arrived so ill get them in one of the evenings

Picked up a hydro and some stickers forit last night too, put the stickers on today and i should hopefully have the hydro plumbed in in the next fortnight

I'll get better pictures when the weather clears up
    I'm thinking of de-catting and straight piping this, will i lose power because of the loss of back pressure with it being na and all or will it be okay? help appreciated

Sniff my diff

Status
    User ID

4.44 SMALL CASE E36 DIFF WANTED! welded or open will do

Sniff my diff

Status
    User ID

Right so time for an update My ta-technix arrived so i set about putting them in, surprisingly didn't shear any bolts in the process considering my luck. Turns out it was only on cut springs and not lowering springs after all
    Before

During

Couldnt get the top mounts off the old shocks because the ram was spinning with the nut as i tried to open, so out came the Aldi welder
    Considering nobody would want the shocks i just welded along the ram and was able to catch it with the vicegrips then. Sorted, off came the top mounts and threw them onto the coilovers.

Put the coils in and bolted them all up before repeating the same with the other side.

The racing dynamics were rubbing the coilovers so i had to put the msport wheels back on until i get some spacers.

I then went about putting in the rears. I put the spring and adjuster in but it was sitting way too high so i pulled out the adjusters again. It was still sitting a bit high but the springs have settled since and are now at a nice height.

And i also stuck on a tow strap off the old 36

And just some photos after getting it back on all fours, ignore how dirty it was and the buckled arches, all will be sorted soon

Started overheating but i bled loads of air out of the system and now its staying bang on in the middle, delighted.

Have to say for 200 euro the coilovers have made some difference to the car, its 100 times more predictable when sliding.
    That said she did meet a wall last night....

Nothing a cable tie or two wont fix. I also stripped out all the sound deadening but have no pictures of it yet.
    Next on the list is lock mods and plumbing in the hydro. Cant wait for the 22nd of February in tynagh now.

Sniff my diff

di Member
    Status
    User ID

story lad are you from beack ennistymon way? think a lad i know was showing me picks of the car said he was in your class or something. looks like a good build you sticking with the 1.8

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by drifter kid View Post
    story lad are you from beack ennistymon way? think a lad i know was showing me picks of the car said he was in your class or something. looks like a good build you sticking with the 1.8
    Yeah im from Ennistymon haha, who was that? I'll stick with the 1.8 till it blows and then go for a 6 cylinder

Sniff my diff

Status
    User ID

Update due on this very soon, missed out on Tynagh because i burst seals in the gearbox the night before, was absoloutely raging. But anyway, onwards and upwards!

Sniff my diff