Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Yikes that was some read...makes me doubt my build somewhat, so much gone into it now, how much track time will I be able to afford after

Status
    User ID

Better just doing what makes you happy and worth while in life ,wether it be feeding ducks or painting pictures for me its cars and motorsport.
    everyone knows life is too short and gets complicated all by itself to worry about other people opinions and views ,
    if you are too afraid or worried to do what makes you happy in life ,then why do anything at all .
    keep drifting cheap. Keep drifting fun

Click on the picture please like and share our page thanks

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Having a road car is cheaper than having a drift car in most cases. I think one of the things this country is missing is the attitude of bringing your road car to a track. But everyone wants to be a hero and will inevitably damage their pride and joy. I completely understand that, and I encourage people to be heroes in a drift car. Drifting by its very nature is about the "What did you think of that?!" attitude. It's what the sport revolves around. It's why bodykits and spoilers are huge, because we want to give that "I don't care" impression. That attitude comes at a price.

The road car scene is really taking off again and that's the route i'm taking right now. Although the second a cheap missile comes up i'm buying it.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Brendanfd3s View Post
    Yikes that was some read...makes me doubt my build somewhat, so much gone into it now, how much track time will I be able to afford after
    Build the car to a fun spec and drive it! Practice days and the Angelsey drift matsuri are the best bang for buck! IDC is the greatest competition but due to that requires huge dedication and that will put people off.
    As above, keep drifting fun!

Status
    User ID

Drifting in Ireland has never been bigger.
    More and more people getting into it.
    Have a read.

http://igrdrifting.com/2015/01/20/1s...-practice-day/

Status
    User ID

There was once a time where there were drift days within two weeks of one another in tynagh.. Twas great

Status
    User ID

Drifting alive and well

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Will it get more popular again with people having more money as the economy picks up. Lots of young trades people were into their cars so now building etc should pick up will it mean more money for cars and more jap cars being imported like the old days.
    The turbo BMW should make good fun cars now too? Easy enough to get decent levels of power out of them.
    Are pre 2000 cars much better than post 2000 cars for drifting.
    Cars are getting heavier and heavier.