Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
    compressor is in another room! ill see if i have a pic! as previously said, ive painted everything else with no issues
    ah well that rules that out<< have you bled it lately and do you have a water trap,,
    even with my one fitted at the bodyshop I used to get the odd re-action, more so with white for some reason, fitted a wee filter at the gun also and that stopped all,,
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Spray-Gun-Air...,PR-Q~~_35.JPG

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by martycturbo View Post
    ah well that rules that out<< have you bled it lately and do you have a water trap,,
    even with my one fitted at the bodyshop I used to get the odd re-action, more so with white for some reason, fitted a wee filter at the gun also and that stopped all,,
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Spray-Gun-Air...,PR-Q~~_35.JPG
    i know your an excellent painter dude, but im pretty sure it aint the compressor or lines etc. like i painted sideskirts directly after the first reaction on the overfenders, same paint and all, and the skirts came out perfect! it has to be the panel

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    Ah man what am I doin on Driftireland full a pills at 9 o clock in the mornin fml

Status
    User ID

its a pain in the ass,, just trying to rule out the obvious things,, most silicon re-actions I come across are from trim restorers and tyre shines etc on the pannel,, but the washing liquid, wet sanding and panel wipe that you've done normally get rid of it,,
    read through what you've done again there with prep,, sounds perfectly ok,,

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by martycturbo View Post
    its a pain in the ass,, just trying to rule out the obvious things,, most silicon re-actions I come across are from trim restorers and tyre shines etc on the pannel,, but the washing liquid, wet sanding and panel wipe that you've done normally get rid of it,,
    read through what you've done again there with prep,, sounds perfectly ok,,
    tis a pain in the balls! and i thought the anti-silicone stoppers would do the trick today but nope! does it make any difference that the panels were new?

Ah man what am I doin on Driftireland full a pills at 9 o clock in the mornin fml

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
    tis a pain in the balls! and i thought the anti-silicone stoppers would do the trick today but nope! does it make any difference that the panels were new?
    there's silicone in the fibreglass mould release agent from what i read on the internets

had the same issue on a mates car a couple months ago with new quarters - sprayed primer - fish eyes - wiped it off with thinner on a rag a few minutes later - panel wiped again - primed again fish eyes again - thinner on a rag again to take the primer off.. we then scotched the whole thing again dipping scotch into panel wipe - panel wiped normally again and it was grand then....

I'm surprised you're getting fish eyes in the paint but you didn't when you primed ?

Something must have come into contact with the primed surface - maybe you were touching the back of the panel with a rag you're wiping the painting surface with and there's silicones on it?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by ELV-iS View Post
    there's silicone in the fibreglass mould release agent from what i read on the internets

had the same issue on a mates car a couple months ago with new quarters - sprayed primer - fish eyes - wiped it off with thinner on a rag a few minutes later - panel wiped again - primed again fish eyes again - thinner on a rag again to take the primer off.. we then scotched the whole thing again dipping scotch into panel wipe - panel wiped normally again and it was grand then....

I'm surprised you're getting fish eyes in the paint but you didn't when you primed ?

Something must have come into contact with the primed surface - maybe you were touching the back of the panel with a rag you're wiping the painting surface with and there's silicones on it?
    It can't be the rag man as im using individual prep wipes, so they only get used once! Im going to prime again, should I just prime over existing surface or should I strip it back to the gel coat?

Status
    User ID

I had same problem doing my audi. turns out it was the polish and sealer I was using on the car. caused bad fish eyes nearly ended up in full respray.

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

How are you heating your shed??

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pole drift View Post
    How are you heating your shed??

this man is onto something already. the likes of a space heater hen first started blows out unburned fuel and the particulets can land on the panel causing problems.

another one I know of is to watch for certain washing liquids as soon have additives to protect skin and stuff like that. I will try find the vid where I found this info

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

first few seconds in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoM0bFFDAVg