Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: JayoM's RX-7 FB

Hybrid View

Status
    User ID

Default JayoM's RX-7 FB

This is my '84 RX7. Originally UK, was pretty rough when I got it bodywise and mechanically, but the engine was absolutely spot on. A full service and the engine doesn't miss a beat - 96k miles, no rebuild yet and no sign of a need of one. After I paid import fees, I got around to the resto. Hit a couple of massive obstacles along the way, but I eventually got roadworthy. Welded, respray, powdercoated the metal trim, fully polybushed (super pro) and PI springs. Had a great exhaust on it when I picked it up. Here's some photos from the First National Irish Rotary Meet.

Picked up a couple pairs of wheels, some SSR Formula Mesh and Longchamps. Longchamps were rough as hell, but the lads up in Triple A Customs did a savage job cleaning them up.

13b, coilovers, adjustable watts linkage bar and Clutch LSD in the winter hopefully!

Status
    User ID

weld it you big gay! ha awesome car, only one i have ever seen in person, savage job restoring it!props man

Status
    User ID

Default Fb

Sweet pal nd can't believe it hasn't bin rebuilt yet some goin,well wear weld it is right haha

Status
    User ID

Haha Raff, I have you in one ear telling me to weld it and Paddy in the other saying to buy an LSD May have no choice if I can't find a clutch lsd for her. Could always go torsen from an mx5.

Yeah, it was about the only bit of the car that was well looked after to be honest! It'd nearly be a shame to get rid of it for a 13b. Might keep the 12a in her and go about getting my 13b kicks another way

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Savage car. beautiful in the flesh. A credit to the jap car scene in Ireland.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    Savage car. beautiful in the flesh. A credit to the jap car scene in Ireland.
    Cheers man, been a long time getting it to this stage. Not many of these getting saved unfortunately! Think it kind of flew under the radar at Japfest, only pictures of it I've come across are ones of it photobombing Raff's savage MX5