Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Brian was great to watch always is exciting to watch . Dissapointed for j.p McCarty love that machine . Though frenchie was through too

she no d-turbo heiii
    Status
    User ID

I and a lot of other people think Ffrench deserved the win against Deane. James did drop a wheel before French hit him and in the second run James dropped a wheel again. it was an obvious win for Martin but the judges thought differently

Status
    User ID

Ffrench was robbed! Should have went again..

she no d-turbo heiii
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby View Post
    Was a great day. Lovely cars on show and as usual top notch drifting.
    Also saw a few gems on the car park creep. Anyone have info on the Purple Sil80 that was in the top car park?
    derek89's sil80? if it had a carbon bonnet and rota gtrd's

Status
    User ID

I suppose the judges did say that James was holding speed and angle even when hit the dirt and Martin was still going into him regardless. It's a tough one but it shouldn't over shadow the day.

Colour of the PS13 was cool. have a photo of it here somehwere.

Also DI stand kicked ass.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Here's a sick photo from Shutterspeed.

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Even if James had 1 wheel off first, one wheel is only a points deduction!! Having another car hit you from behind is serious impeding and the judges made the right call based on facts and footage. Most spectators have never stepped inside a drivers briefing.....so do not know what judges look for and deduct points/disqualify points for! I love Martin as a driver, i pegged him for a podium but it was a simple mistake made and james won! Move on people!!

Id be more pissed at god for fucking up Gavin's chance of winning, which imo he was heading for. I genuinely almost cried and did some serious air punching!! What a fucking hero of a driver......an inspiration, just flat foot on every run!!

My own weekend was grand. The car ran like a dream, new ecu map is fucking unreal. Some go in it now. Qualifying 7th gave me some extra points on the board and a top 16 finish wasn't too bad......although disappointing. But not upset to have bowed out the the gentleman Daryl Barnett, what a second run And he went on to win semi pro so i dont feel too bad

Drivers of the weekend for me were Gavin Lenihan, Nikki Hallahan, Ffrenchy, Stephen Harte with his figure 8's on the line and clutch kicking the fuck out of it, Paul McCarthy with his insane speeds in practice, dairmuid o connell and so many more......some talent in this country!!

Last night......Fuck Mantra, Green Isle bar was a scream!! That is all

Roll on Rd 2

TEAM MANFOOT

di Member
    Status
    User ID

great weekend of drifting the standard of cars is unreal weather did mess things up a bit but thats ireland for you cant wait for punchestown now going to be a savage year

Status
    User ID

Well I had an awesome weekend anyway!! Just loved driving the car again, and its tons better than last year. Actually just loved drifting the car everywhere and anywhere, enjoyed doing rings, burnouts, and plowing fields lol! KDF! But a great start to the year, and delighted to be a part of team Hankook and of course Dealtwidth, as everyone really pulls together and helps each other.

But anyway I thought I'd post about the judging call aswell. Now I didn't get to see the vids but basically the call imo was right according to what I've heard.

James dropped a wheel, which is a deduction (but not a zero), and Ffrenchy was going balls out to catch James, came in too hot on him and hit him. James didn't suddenly slow down just cause he dropped a wheel, and Ffrenchy was going to hit him regardless, which since he hit him hard was a zero.

James dropped a wheel again in the next run, which is again a deduction, not a zero.

So that's why the decision would have been made I presume, two deductions for James, but it wouldn't cancel out the zero for Ffrenchy, and to be honest I don't think Martin had any complaints either as he knew himself he had just gone in too hot. If James had dropped two wheels then it would be a different story, but AFAIK it was only 1 both times.

Hope that clears up atleast why the decision would have been made, whether people agree with it is still up to themselves of course

Edit: Chucky beat me to it!!

Last edited by B.Egan; 21-04-13 at 21:25.

she no d-turbo heiii
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by D.Daly View Post
    Here's a sick photo from Shutterspeed.
    duno if its just me but It really looks like James's two wheels are just off the edge of the apex there