Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default Defender 110 300 2.5tdi what they like

Any one on here ever own one lookin at a 96 commercial one at the min thing looks savage snorkel an all with a lift kit on it been readin up bout them seam decent but ya can't beat a bit a first hand knowledge

We can't stop here this is bat country

Status
    User ID

watch rust on the bulk head/rear cross member if your gona be using it for towing make shure the rear cross member is good its not uncommon for the hitch to be pulled off if it's bad. the 300tdi is a basic engine no electronics to worry about as long as its well maintained its should be good and parts are genraly cheap all round.
    just dont expect it to be jap 4x4 comfy some people love them some hate them. i don't have one at the min but i'm hoping to pick up a td5 110 next year

Status
    User ID

nice one for the info man goin to look at it tomoro evenin hope its decent enough ive heard there one step up from a tractor lol not expectin much comfort this one has bucket seats in it though interior looks haldf decent . think they look cool as fuck wont be that much towing done with it once every few months it say

Status
    User ID

There like ur misses mad for the dirt track

The subframe bushes were hanging out of the car, as were the wishbone bushes, the pick and mix of coilovers knocked like a song by guns and roses,The respray was the roughest I'd seen since Stevie Wonder Autobody closed down and the front panels had gaps as straight as turn 2 at mondello, Yeah,Straight car I'd say!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    nice one for the info man goin to look at it tomoro evenin hope its decent enough ive heard there one step up from a tractor lol not expectin much comfort this one has bucket seats in it though interior looks haldf decent . think they look cool as fuck wont be that much towing done with it once every few months it say
    x2 they look totally badass. fit a "2"lift and a set of mud tyres and you'll go nearly anywhere

Administrator
    Status
    User ID

i had a 95 discovery. the diesel lumps are great, until you put knobbly tyres on. then they are slow and thirsty. very slow, and very thirsty.

also, fucking everything breaks in them. seats, windows, fittings, switches, power steering pumps, rads etc etc

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

As the lads say....... cuntish. If i was still living in blanch i'd sooner have a horse than a defender, from the ma's down the tunnels, through the hoppo and tie it up outside the bell ! Boom......... swallytown

Status
    User ID

Your a funny man Rory lol
    Your mans willin to take 1000 euro an me van which is probably only worth 1200
    This is it here
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4152365

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    Your a funny man Rory lol
    Your mans willin to take 1000 euro an me van which is probably only worth 1200
    This is it here
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4152365
    looks like it could be a ex military one. make shure to give it a good one over coz if it was a army one it will have got dogs abuse. and if ya do buy it don't leave anything valuable in it coz they arnt exactly secure

Status
    User ID

Hmm interesting I'm a sparks so I'd have a few tools in it how would I know it's an army one will it be green on the tax disc