Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Status
    User ID
    Formally westmeath,currently calgary, Alberta .

Quote Originally Posted by darren C View Post
    stick it on as is and sort one out later not exactly the end of the world 10 minute job on the car afterwards
    Ya I understand that, it's just the other side has a tear in it too , 3 times as big. Isn't it the job of keepin out drit, dust , water and all that other crap form jamming up the piston and corroding the inside,only to leave more damage. I'm no mechanic by any means, and I might over thinking this, but while its off and on the bench I'd perfur to fix it now.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by rico180 View Post
    Ya I understand that, it's just the other side has a tear in it too , 3 times as big. Isn't it the job of keepin out drit, dust , water and all that other crap form jamming up the piston and corroding the inside,only to leave more damage. I'm no mechanic by any means, and I might over thinking this, but while its off and on the bench I'd perfur to fix it now.
    your right to sort it now it i'll only cause you heartbreak trying to unseize the caliper. a serious amount of dirt and grit that will get in there after only a few day's especially this time of year

di Member
    Status
    User ID

conceptua tunning in the uk do rebuild kits dont think you can just buy the dust boot seperate but the kits are not expensive anyway.

I think db power in England sell the kits but sell them like desperate sides so you can buy just one side??

"helmet and a pair of balls" markII-90

Status
    User ID

Thanks for that lads. I'll chase them up.really appreciate the info there.

Status
    User ID

Thanks too Matty Byrne , I found what I was lookin for. Found them on db power in England . £15 a set (a set to do one front calliper) . I never heard back from pat tierian, but I did go to Nissan in Tullamore and I couldn't get them. Instead they wanted me to buy 2 new rear calliper's at over €1000 a pop!!
    I Tried the breakers yard, thinking if any one would know about brakes , these lads would! But no. They never seen them before. They did however , say they could send the ones I have to England to be recontitioned , and this was at €500 for the pair.
    I also found out that skyline gtst brakes are the same as on an inpreza (03 WRX ) . Some people may already know this , but I didn't , so I'm just going to put this here for future reference .
    Thanks again for the lads that helped out here.
    I'll post up pictures as soon as I get a chance , just to show the diffrance between S13, S14, and R32 brakes.most people would know the diffrance , but maybe some of the new guys to the scene could do with the info.

Status
    User ID

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rico180
    Thanks for the reply back. But I ended up finding what I need in England . So I'm sorted now. But can you please keep me posted on what you turn up. Iam only Asking because Nissan in Tullamore where of no help to me. And pm me back a price if you get them.thanks

Right mate, i got the alternate number it is 4412043P26

The seal you are looking for can only be got as part of a full seal kit, which is the part number above

It would be €73.94 + VAT Retail for the kit

Glad you got sorted

Pat tiernan motors got back on to me, but I was in such a hurry I couldn't wait. 4412043P26 is the part number you need to replace/recondition your brake calliper . Hope this helps someone down the line.