Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default Better power from a 4a-ge

Well lads, theres a standard 4a-ge in my ae86. Just wonderinjg whats a good way to get more power out of her without going to mad. Already has a new manifold and exhaust. Any help appreciated

Status
    User ID

Big power on them is expensive imo !
    Cams, throttle bodies good place to start. Lightened flywheel helps them rev a lot more freely.

You Only Live Once

Status
    User ID

I can vouch for that! i rebuilt mine and got 150.3 WHP and 125 WFT-LBS for about 2.5K in total....woulda got bit more if i had gone throttle bodies and better piggy back ECU...have a look http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/showthr...ect&highlight=

not great figures compared to what lads are at on here with sr's and that but its not bad for a 4age!
    maybe a swap to a 20v would be just as cheap as doing work to a 4age...?? but imo keep the 4age!!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

20v conversion is relatively cheap nowadays and best bang for your buck staying N/A should see 155bhp+ on basic set up, more than enough to have fun on the roads with, really really miss mine. made 164bhp on standard internals just basic breathing mods and ecu,

Status
    User ID

ive a 4age turbo in my 86.. its makin good power id say prob around 200bhp plenty of power for road ae86..

im thinking of sellin the full setup to go sr20..

pm me if interested

N/a 4ages are expensive but great fun. Itbs, cams and a stand alone ecu will give you good power

Status
    User ID

at one time i had a levin ae111 20v at with an exhaust system it made 149 hp at the wheels , not bad for a engine that was 11years old at the time. dont forget to baffle the sump if your going 20v and put in race big end bearings as its always a good idea imo

Click on the picture please like and share our page thanks

Status
    User ID

make a 7age, 1.8 avensis engines are plentyful and give great low torque,, done one a few years ago for a mate,, still going strong after lots of drifting,, its running on twin 40s aswell

Status
    User ID

Serious thanks for the info lads. Gotta get to thinking what to do now =\ haha also face palm for me posted this in the wrong section. Again huge thanks =)

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by martycturbo View Post
    make a 7age, 1.8 avensis engines are plentyful and give great low torque,, done one a few years ago for a mate,, still going strong after lots of drifting,, its running on twin 40s aswell
    whats needed to do this???

anyone wanna swap s15 helical lsd for 1.5 or 2 way...