Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFitz View Post
    I never yet pressed a kill switch! I shouted a lot and got really really dizzy several times, but never a kill switch
    i'd bet ya i could change that for ya haha, What the more advanced course like? i was wouldering would be of anyuse to someone who has kinda competed already?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I did it myself and learned a hell of a lot. I found it was great for getting rid of bad habits you would have on the road and learn more about competitive drifting than you ever will at a track day. As Mike said it makes sense for someone who wants to learn without risking their car. It sounds expensive but every track day I've done has been around the same price, all included

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Driftma View Post
    i'd bet ya i could change that for ya haha, What the more advanced course like? i was wouldering would be of anyuse to someone who has kinda competed already?
    Ha ha ha BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The Level 2 and 3 courses are relatively new but so far the people who have done them have been really happy and would really be ready to go and compete in the amateurs. There are different techniques in it, like high speed entries and how to carry your drift over a long distance using shallow angle etc. so for someone who can already drive but wants to improve then its defo worth a look. Like you also drive different cars, theyre all fairly similar handling wise but there are differences in the way the steering returns etc. so you have to be a bit more aggressive driving some more than others, and there are differences in power, so you learn how to deal with different situations and characteristics, which I guess can only be a good thing

Status
    User ID

Been humming and hawing about the prodrift academy with along time now but seems a serious day out, hoping to do it this year.
    When is the next one/s and who do you contact to apply?

Pro Driver
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by JP89 View Post
    Been humming and hawing about the prodrift academy with along time now but seems a serious day out, hoping to do it this year.
    When is the next one/s and who do you contact to apply?
    I couldnt tell you when the next one is lad but give a shout to 022 41924

Some other info on here: http://www.prodriftseries.com/academy/about/

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFitz View Post
    Ah i'm only saying this cause there was 2 instructors on the day, one was sound and didn't press the kill switch ones, but the other guy was trigger happy, every time i went a bit wide he pressed the poxy switch!! True about not risking your car and the cost to set up though, good day out sure

di Member
    Status
    User ID

what are the dates for it ?????

Status
    User ID

Was in touch with them yesterday, its in the uk at the minute. Won't have dates here until.the end of the month for may.

Status
    User ID

Would ya get much tracktime roughly?