Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default Upping the power on an SR20

Quick question lads, an I dont give a sh!t about sounding like a noob here but despite owning and driving a turbo for almost a year I still dont know shat about getting more power outta it

Basically i'm gonna be pickin up a bigger turbo soon along with a mani, elbow, downpipe and a fmic. Now I know ill need bigger injectors and a remap before I can run it but is there anything else I'll need? Looking for about 280bhp

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob32 View Post
    Your intellictual response to my post was that im "gay" that shows the intelligence were dealing with here

Status
    User ID

dont need injectors for 280hp
    do need a fuel pump

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

ye fuel pump, wat turbo you getting for it

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Manifold will not make a differance to power.. 280bhp no need for a bigger turbo here i got 281bhp with standard turbo, ecu and injectors maby the ecu was chipped not sure.

I had boost controller at 0.8bar apexi air filter 3" exhaust from mani back (decat hugh differance) and front mount.

If you only want that power there is no need to spend a lot.. What turbo were you looking into?

Site Trader : Premier Performance Cars
    Status
    User ID

Default Power

I have amy s14a running at 300 bhp , she got a hks gtss turbo, fuel pump and presure regulater. Next step 555cc injectors,a z32 airflow meter and remap i will probaly go with a nistune remap.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLab View Post
    Quick question lads, an I dont give a sh!t about sounding like a noob here but despite owning and driving a turbo for almost a year I still dont know shat about getting more power outta it

Basically i'm gonna be pickin up a bigger turbo soon along with a mani, elbow, downpipe and a fmic. Now I know ill need bigger injectors and a remap before I can run it but is there anything else I'll need? Looking for about 280bhp

Cheers!
    what turbo ya thinkin of,s15?
    what engine management are ya gunna use?
    boost controller also
    you've pretty much hit the nail in the head with your list assuming your have a exhaust decat air intake etc

Status
    User ID

get two more cylinders!

Quote Originally Posted by twailbait View Post
    Im happy as long as every one acknowledges that you have a large quantity of retardation in you.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by mr.jailbait View Post
    dont need injectors for 280hp
    do need a fuel pump
    Ye got a walbro in it already, forgot to mention that

Grand so I can save a few bob there then....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbys14 View Post
    Manifold will not make a differance to power.. 280bhp no need for a bigger turbo here i got 281bhp with standard turbo, ecu and injectors maby the ecu was chipped not sure.

I had boost controller at 0.8bar apexi air filter 3" exhaust from mani back (decat hugh differance) and front mount.

If you only want that power there is no need to spend a lot.. What turbo were you looking into?
    Ye i know a mani only helps if your running big power but it looks pretty sexy, give it a nicer sound and I'll just sell it on if I dont boother keepin it, Dunno what the turbo is Stevo on here got it from Andy (recession busters) and he didnt know what it was either its a bit bigger then the standard one though....

Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    what turbo ya thinkin of,s15?
    what engine management are ya gunna use?
    boost controller also
    you've pretty much hit the nail in the head with your list assuming your have a exhaust decat air intake etc
    Already got a HKS induction kit and cat back exhaust and getting a decat at the same time as everything else

I know even less about ecu's then I do about turbo's so it'll just be a case of dropping down to tdp and just being like here Robbie, make this work ha

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    get two more cylinders!
    GTFO

@everyone else - Cheers!

Your intellictual response to my post was that im "gay" that shows the intelligence were dealing with here

Status
    User ID

boo hoo hoo, im romo, im gonna cryyyyyyyyyy!

Quote Originally Posted by twailbait View Post
    Im happy as long as every one acknowledges that you have a large quantity of retardation in you.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    boo hoo hoo, im romo, im gonna cryyyyyyyyyy!
    drinking on a Monday night mick?