Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few Turbo Q's

Status
    User ID

Calculating the turbo you want should of been your first step, cheapest turbo I got was a saab 9000 is a t25 granted it was petrol,
    At the end of the day they work the same way, There are some diesel turbos that you can modify to suit your set up, it takes a bit of homework and send it to turbotechnics in the uk they will modify it and balance it,
    And yeh you would be better off buying a big garrett. it's all money, look at how hks got started modifying garrett turbos some of which came on light commercial DIESEL vehicles

Carbs are a world of their own not bein smart but do a bit of readin on engines from tech heads who can explain things better than me, and a diesel turbo would be like a chocolate fire guard with a the carb, it would act as a restrictor most have a tiny Venturi

Originally Posted by sc86
    better thread would be pics of all the savage jap cars parked up hidden around the country in sheds!

No because whores like you will buy em and break em

Site Trader: TDP - Trackday Performance
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by paulr5 View Post
    Calculating the turbo you want should of been your first step, cheapest turbo I got was a saab 9000 is a t25 granted it was petrol,
    At the end of the day they work the same way, There are some diesel turbos that you can modify to suit your set up, it takes a bit of homework and send it to turbotechnics in the uk they will modify it and balance it,
    And yeh you would be better off buying a big garrett. it's all money, look at how hks got started modifying garrett turbos some of which came on light commercial DIESEL vehicles

Carbs are a world of their own not bein smart but do a bit of readin on engines from tech heads who can explain things better than me, and a diesel turbo would be like a chocolate fire guard with a the carb, it would act as a restrictor most have a tiny Venturi

HKS turbos never cam form diesels. Trust turbos were developed form the Mitubishi Diesel range.

The famous T78 came form a Canter truck. The it had a much bigger wheel fitted so that it could make 700 bhp.

Robbie

Status
    User ID

Did he not reply to your question he is not using nos?! He says he's using a pulsar head, would it not be a combination of better flow and higher revving ability and add in what looks like a charge cooler, it's rare tuners agree on Other tuners results sighting various reasons, looks like a dyna pack funny enough

I read it somewhere that that's what mr hks did starting up, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true and as for the trust T78 case in point pick one up in a breakers for small money

Last edited by paulr5; 25-09-11 at 19:27.
    Originally Posted by sc86
    better thread would be pics of all the savage jap cars parked up hidden around the country in sheds!

No because whores like you will buy em and break em

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by robbie@tdp.ie View Post
    Well for a Start a Holset HX52 is a Petrol/Natural gas hybrid turbo with a 67mm Comp / 72mm Turbine wheel. This combination is close enough not to over speed on 2.0 liter motor. Also I am going to say that 800 bhp is not possible as the boost pressure they are claiming is too low. To get 800 bhp form a 2.0 liter engine you need to run a minimum of 2.7 bar regardless of the turbo. They may be running nos as it sounds like suddenly spools.

Why would you want to use a truck turbo any way ?

Robbie
    I see i had assumed all holsets were designed for diesel engines.
    Well i was doin a little research on turbos and seen one on ebay which stated for use on diesel engines from 4.4 liters to 7 liters and petrol engines from 2 liters to 4 liters, so that had me under the impression that the holset would boost properly on a petrol engine. (turbo was a holset HX 35 i think).
    But the reason i am asking these question is that i know wheres there is a volvo 740 2.3 carb and i have a mad notion to get it and turbo it as i have most of the parts but more importantly a diesel turbo off a 2.4 audi/vw engine. As the turbo is designed for a 2.4 liter engine i though it would work as it should as the petrol engine is near the same size but then i seen people puttin big turbos on small engines and wondering how they worked without mental lag, but that question has been resolved. It seems ive gotten most of my answeres thanks robbie and paul.