Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roco Drift Slut

Default Roco Drift Slut

I havent had a project thread in quiet a while, and the main reason is that im to busy/lazy to update it all the time. so now im thinking if i make a project thread maybe it will give me incentive/inspiration to bloody finish this Car. maybee

Anyway, i bought a r32 skyline on here back last October i think. this is it when i bought it. it was fairly stock. few minor mods. i/c, exhaust, etc.

i ripped off the stickers. gutted interior, fitted Bucket seat, hydro, and coilovers.
    made a hicas lockout system, and fixed the brakes. brought it to mondello and did this.

then had a bit of misfortune and this happened.

so, under further inspection when i got home the body damage was worse than i taught. the shell is fairly rusty in parts as its an uk import, and she didnt take the slap to well. its nothing i couldnt fix, but i can condone spending that much time and effort on a rough r32. the only reasonable option. a re-shell. i went lookin around and couldnt find any reasonably priced 32 shell, but did find a few clean s13 shells. went to view a few and picked up a nice ps13 shell in mayo. and as murphy would have it, on the drive home with the ps13 dan moorhead rings me with a cheep mint 32 shell.
    ahh well, ive always wanted a ps13. and here she is.

The plans are to keep it simple and relatively inexpensive. It is a Tramp/missile/slut what ever ya wana call it, so i dont want to sink a fortune into it, but on the other hand im not interested in cutting corners anywhere as it'll only bite me in the arse when i least expect it. ill be building up the shell over the next few weeks, rollcage, suspension and steering mods, 5 stud conversion, coilovers, etc. then ill fit the engine and drive terrain out of the skyline.
    ill be keeping the rb20 for the moment as it's what i have to work with right now.. it'll do the trick till i can sort something else.

Last edited by roco; 27-06-11 at 23:27.

"Racing is life. Everything else that happens before or after is just waiting." ~Steve McQueen [Le Mans -1970]

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Rb20's rock

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    He came up we chatted for a while nice fella to talk to all the same but he seemed very twitchy and i never trust a twitchy person....!
    !

brought the 32 into the workshop and started striping it down and sorting out the wiring for the swap.

then a couple hours later.

and now the real work begins. getting this new shell ready for abuse. I decided to start with the cage. just something basic and safe, threw it together in a few hours,

Thats prety much where i am to date. this project will be on and off over the coming weeks because i only get a few hr's here and there as customers cars come first. Hopfully ill get a day in mondello before the end of summer.

"Racing is life. Everything else that happens before or after is just waiting." ~Steve McQueen [Le Mans -1970]

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Something basic and safe, i like ur style Great work lad, looking forward to the finished product

No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

I remember see'n these in your shed when I was collecting Trixtas mx5, the idea of a RB20 in a ps13 sounded really cool That cage looks fuckin savage!!! I want!!

The only way forward is sideways
    http://poledrift.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danmoorhead View Post
    gems not a man to make gentle love to a box!!!
    he likes to give it rough to a box!!!
    he likes it to wine and once it does he give it his all!!! then bang!! end of story!!

i like cake
    Status
    User ID

if thats a drift slut i'd love to see a proper build to your standards! good work!

Status
    User ID

hi Roco. I remember this r32 when i collect glanza V with my friend I had red GTiR. Now I have ps13 is well and you crash your r32 and now have ps13 is well. Nice Good luck with it and really nice roll cage !! See you on mondello !!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

can see it was a quick cage job haha. What would you do if you really wanted to splash the cash on it cant wait see finished project best luck

Keepin it Chaos
    Status
    User ID

Awesome car!!! serious cage in it! i like it!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sound guys, im lookin forward to it myself.

not much to update, put two coats of gloss black on the cage and chiped off most of the sound deadening.