Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    Nice car, have to say MX5s are really growing on me. Never thought much of them looks wise when I worked in Mazda but thought they drove lovely but seeing them decked with tasty wheels... Love it
    maybe you can help me mine is the 1.8 v spec its jus bin serviced as the oil was a bit old and its bin off the road since october but the only problem is its missin at the min now the sparks arent that old at all would anything else do it or should i jus try changin them
    sorry for the spam btw

My signature picture was fricking huge - Admin

click the image to see my facebook page

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by haydomiata View Post
    i couldnt tell ya to be honest im useless at pricing all i no is replica front lips as 1 the same type as yours are €100 so that at least anyway! im thinking of tryin to make a ducktail spoiler for mine just to keep me occupied wile ive no job and the cars off the road haha
    Ha cool, any idea on the best way to make a mold of it? I've seen expanding foam used before! Never tried anything like that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    Nice car, have to say MX5s are really growing on me. Never thought much of them looks wise when I worked in Mazda but thought they drove lovely but seeing them decked with tasty wheels... Love it
    Cheers dude, yeah I bought it as they are a cheap AE86....well supposed to be when it has coilovers! Would love a kaaz diff no funds now though!

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Ha cool, any idea on the best way to make a mold of it? I've seen expanding foam used before! Never tried anything like that before!

Cheers dude, yeah I bought it as they are a cheap AE86....well supposed to be when it has coilovers! Would love a kaaz diff no funds now though!
    you can buy a kit off carbonmods to make moulds i duno how easy expandin foam would be to get smooth http://carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Car..._CMMMK750.aspx theres the link and they have vids on youtube showing step by step how to do it

why dont you get a torsen diff from a 1.8 mine locks up lovely

Status
    User ID

Deadly I'll use that I'll probably need 2 or 3 though, must take a look to see what kind of distance it'll cover.

I have a viscous lsd in it as standard and looks up ok, but I'm just dreaming really!ha

Status
    User ID

there is larger 1s there and they do carbon and kevlar to
    u make them in carbon and ill do the boot spoiler in kevlar theyll be blingin haha

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by haydomiata View Post
    maybe you can help me mine is the 1.8 v spec its jus bin serviced as the oil was a bit old and its bin off the road since october but the only problem is its missin at the min now the sparks arent that old at all would anything else do it or should i jus try changin them
    sorry for the spam btw
    Is it just missing since it was left sitting up? What heat range plugs do you have in it just the standard? Is it still on the original leads?

Status
    User ID

no it started jus before i took it off the road
    there just standard plugs the leads could be the original 1s bt not sure there standard anyway what mileage wud u get on a set of leads?

Status
    User ID

It's hit or miss really, it's both mileage and age. They break down from the heat in the engine bay & then I've seen it before when people change plugs or anything and move the leads to one side it creates a missfire. Maybe get a set of silicon aftermarket ones if budget allows & check your plugs see if any of them are fowled up and go from there.

Status
    User ID

sound ill have a look when it first happened i jus put it down to dirty petrol but its still the same after i put a fuel cleaner in it so ill have a look

Status
    User ID

Got a set of these with whole loom and relay etc for that JDM tyte shizz look!

Not completely sold on them yet! I'll wait and see what they are like when they are on!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It'll make it look like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Dave; 24-01-12 at 18:03.