Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default Mx5ideway's Eunos

ok, il soon be going turbo so i thought i better start a project thread, i have the car about 2 years, its a 1990 1.6 import. It was stolen/recovered with a small bit of damage to the front left wing and a little wiring damage, the owner was only getting around €1000 from the insurance for it. I got it for €1000 because he wanted it to go to someone that had an interest in them and would mind it (get more use out of it), it had cusco coilovers, new alloys/tyres,full performance exhaust inc manifold, HKS filter and a few other bits plus it was one of the cleanest id seen. The damage to the wing was not bad but i got a new oem one and got it sprayed/fitted and fixed the wiring myself

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Since i've had it i fitted a 1.8 LSD, 1.8 brakes w goodridge brakelines and greenstuff brakepads, carbing rear brace and more bracing underneath, chrome rocker cover, bigger alloy radiator, adjusted the timing, fitted a stage II, 6 puck, cerametalic 1.8 clutch and a Jun lightweight 1.8 flywheel, a cobra imola bucket seat, bride steering wheel, black lexus lights, changed the alloys and got toyo tyres.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Ahhh my eyes that was hard to read

should be a cool little car...

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I've also fitted a carbon fibre Garage Vary bonnet and lightweight hardtop with perspex window, this could be carbon too but its hard to tell as its painted black and you can only see a tiny bit under the paint on the edge.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

The plan for the turbo is a reliable 200bhp, I already have a GReddy manifold, custom downpipe with T25 flange that i got made in America by ARTech, also got his oil/coolent line kit. I have Saab 390cc injectors, FMIC, GReddy E-Manage blue ecu with proper harness and software for tuning/changes, should soon have a GReddy boost controller and OEM wideband O2 system too so the main thing really left is the T25/T28 turbo and getting it all fitted.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

A small few updates on this, most of the turbo bits and cage have been fitted but still don't have it back so pissed off, was really happy with the work Jomo eng was doing but it's kinda taking abit too long now, his had it since the end of may or June!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

with all the big projects out there ya cant beat seeing a simple tidy one ! nice job !

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    He came up we chatted for a while nice fella to talk to all the same but he seemed very twitchy and i never trust a twitchy person....!
    !

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Picked up another 2 mx5s since though, a white mk2 rs, and a 1995 mk1 shell that I'm going to use as the base for the track car (clean shell nothing at all on it so can just build it to the spec I want and keep it as light as possible)

The wheels won't be left that color, want to paint the insides of them black, plus I need to find another one as I damaged one and dont think it's repairable, so if anyone knows of any mim 15" alloys for sale let me know, or else 2 ats cups (very alike,not the same but they'll do)