PDA

View Full Version : Runnin other maker oil filters

Tekno Twinky
28-07-09, 00:40
Ok this would save me an unbelievable amount of hardship and wasting money too!

Bought an oil cooler and relocater kit but the filter is subaru (same size as TOYOTA filter pretty much maybe a fraction of a fraction bigger) i was told the subaru one is the same fit as the toyota -and beleived it because there identical !

Its for a track car if this helps influence as answer..

also concearning a 4AGE oil flow ! from the pump does the oil enter the centre hole of the filter and leave through the outer holes or the oppsite way..

Thanks

Chuck_g
28-07-09, 08:59
Im not sure of the reliability issues of using different filters but im using a Nissan s14 filter on my re-location kit!! I wouldnt think filters have huge differences!

pt_y2k
28-07-09, 17:56
Once the filter is the right size and good quality whack it on....it'd do fine...not sure on which way the oil flows,but looking at the filter you should have a good idea...i think it enters the outside of the filter and exits the centre one...open to correction tho....

Tekno Twinky
28-07-09, 19:53
Once the filter is the right size and good quality whack it on....it'd do fine...not sure on which way the oil flows,but looking at the filter you should have a good idea...i think it enters the outside of the filter and exits the centre one...open to correction tho....

thats correct ;) bangin it on tommorow :)

gem-s13
28-07-09, 20:15
u wrong on the flow of a filter it goes in the middel and out the outside holes, as for subaru only use genuine scooby filters if you are using them aftermarket ones are crap

Tekno Twinky
28-07-09, 20:19
u wrong on the flow of a filter it goes in the middel and out the outside holes, as for subaru only use genuine scooby filters if you are using them aftermarket ones are crap

ok whats your take up on this..

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/297.cfm

everybody else told me that this was the way too :)

Frankae86
28-07-09, 20:21
Which aftermarket filters are crap? i always use the Blitz ones...
Dont know why, it came on my skyline so i just carried on :rolleyes:

Tekno Twinky
28-07-09, 20:23
Which aftermarket filters are crap? i always use the Blitz ones...
Dont know why, it came on my skyline so i just carried on :rolleyes:

blitz would be ok i mean spurious filters for 3euro etc that dont have the rubber bypass valve:)

gem-s13
28-07-09, 21:27
the filter in that link is a cartrage filter not canaster type like on ur car

see the long bolt running up trow the middle of it they are desined that way so you can clean the dirt and crap out of the filter bowl when changing the filter

Tekno Twinky
28-07-09, 21:38

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/89161-question-about-oil-systems.html

Tekno Twinky
28-07-09, 21:52
the filter in that link is a cartrage filter not canaster type like on ur car

see the long bolt running up trow the middle of it they are desined that way so you can clean the dirt and crap out of the filter bowl when changing the filter

Ok so iv done a heap more searches and found i was heading the right way in the begining gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

http://www.synlube.com/oilfilters.htm