PDA

View Full Version : Rough n Ready AE86 2K

Tekno Twinky
15-03-10, 22:47
No! haha

however here is an 86 that gets my thumbs up anyday for just 2k..

ROUGH! but ready..

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/hunter_moyes/Car%20sale/DSC00144.jpg

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/109296-1983-toyota-corolla-levin-ae86-2k-ono.html

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 22:50
2 euro maybe..................

Scrap...........

alan180sx
15-03-10, 22:51

Scrap...........

X2.....................

dR Dan
15-03-10, 22:54
Smelly nissan brigade on form... Lick of paint and for 3k uv a grand yoke SWeet as!!!! :D

way2fastforu
15-03-10, 22:55
its rough alrite...dunno bout the ready bit tho haha

Tekno Twinky
15-03-10, 22:56

Scrap...........

EXACTLY! waow i love theses type of comments ,not everyone has little willys.:D

All jokes aside this thing would last a beginner more drift days than any tubby powered nissan and take any amount of abuse they could ever throw it!

+ if your into culture NOTHING could satisfy you more:)

Stevo
15-03-10, 22:57
2k for that shit box

Simon
15-03-10, 22:57
Smelly nissan brigade on form... Lick of paint and for 3k uv a grand yoke SWeet as!!!! :D

haha brilliant, love it!!! :p

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:00
Be a good yoke with a sr20 in her but then it'd take a man to drive it.........

Simon
15-03-10, 23:01

phh drive it with a 4age in it and be more of a man.

Tekno Twinky
15-03-10, 23:02
its rough alrite...dunno bout the ready bit tho haha

toda 272's you mad man YES PLEASE!:D im actually considering this! i want the running gear! and that engine!:D

Famous jh
15-03-10, 23:03
Haha what a shitbox :eek: The definition of a rusty ol corolla :D

Kinda like it but not a fucking hope in hell would i give 2k for that hen house.

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:06
phh drive it with a 4age in it and be more of a man.

No chance i like my power too much..........Waste of time with a 4age.........:p

Tekno Twinky
15-03-10, 23:07

Its like a suresign for every bloke with a 2 inch larrier the big eegity SR :D

Simon
15-03-10, 23:09
No chance i like my power too much..........Waste of time with a 4age.........:p

sooooooooooooooft.... :rolleyes:

dR Dan
15-03-10, 23:11
4age FTW... U need good strong legs to kick the shizzle outta the clutch to keep her going... LUV IT!!!!

dR Dan
15-03-10, 23:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba4LgxxrVAQ

KICK IT :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:14
I love winding yas up............4age FTL.........

Yas know deep down sr is the way to go..........

Look at sinnots yoke...... Proper proper car.........

Tekno Twinky
15-03-10, 23:15
4age FTW... U need good strong legs to kick the shizzle outta the clutch to keep her going... LUV IT!!!!

Haha World renowned Nissan tuners TOP SECRET'S S15 with a PRO driver at the wheel vs. a cult enthusiast at the wheel of his home brewed 86 running 1.6 4AGE!...

oooooh! gwan the rolla :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-vX8-TWBUE

notice hibino celebrates by drifting the entire track until .35secs ha ledge.

Simon
15-03-10, 23:20
Haha World renowned Nissan tuners TOP SECRET'S S15 with a PRO driver at the wheel vs. a cult enthusiast at the wheel of his home brewed 86 running 1.6 4AGE!...

thats so full on sick!!!!! wow :cool:

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:25

Now that is sad.......... Driver error can you not see that...........

Im sure theres any amount of videos of tin cans getting blitzed but unfortunatly i don't have all day to sit around looking for them...........

Stevo
15-03-10, 23:27
twin cams are only 1.6 slow rusty shit boxs ffs get over it girls :eek::D

Simon
15-03-10, 23:28

Im sure theres any amount of videos of tin cans getting blitzed but unfortunatly i don't have all day to sit around looking for them...........

sure was a complete drivers error as the corolla took flight and he still managed to controll it around the corner... epic!

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:31

The man talks sense..............

:p

dR Dan
15-03-10, 23:37

Theres always 1! :cool:

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:41
theres always 1! :cool:

2 actually............

Stevo
15-03-10, 23:42
2 actually............

wooooooooop!! :D:D

Gar-4-age 86
15-03-10, 23:54
Wow i need that car only 2k another tug of those arches drop the lip and toda cams woweeee!! Pffffft dirty sr reason why most the japs so good is cos the all learned in 86's instead of relyin purely on power same with eric darren etc.....Asmhetic 4-age balls out ftmfw!!!:cool::cool:

Robbie Daly Ps13
15-03-10, 23:58
Wow i need that car only 2k another tug of those arches drop the lip and toda cams woweeee!! Pffffft dirty sr reason why most the japs so good is cos the all learned in 86's instead of relyin purely on power same with eric darren etc.....Asmhetic 4-age balls out ftmfw!!!:cool::cool:

Ya might as well dream here as ya would in bed.......... !

gem-s13
15-03-10, 23:58
i hate ae's and i think that is a good deal!! surely it would be worth 2k even to break it! or even just get it down to woodies get a can of paint and a brush lash it on 2k track slag even if it is a 4age it has cams and a few bits so would be ok for someone to learn in

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:02
i hate ae's and i think that is a good deal!! surely it would be worth 2k even to break it! or even just get it down to woodies get a can of paint and a brush lash it on 2k track slag even if it is a 4age it has cams and a few bits so would be ok for someone to learn in

Savage another hater....... Thats 3...............:D

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 00:03

Driver error obviously but he was thrown off by the entry speed on the 86 thinking he could follow but never even thought about the weight comparison therefor the outcome provailed £££S15 > £86

Oh realy well i know of a heap more 86 ownedge video simply off the top of my head would you like to see?:D

Prodrifter86
16-03-10, 00:05
this looks like a proper jap wagon! eh she rusty or just needs paint??

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:06
Driver error obviously but he was thrown off by the entry speed on the 86 thinking he could follow but never even thought about the weight comparison therefor the outcome provailed £££S15 > £86

Oh realy well i know of a heap more 86 ownedge video simply off the top of my head would you like to see?:D

I have a feild of nettles out the back of my house...............

Id sooner go out there and look into them...............!

Stevo
16-03-10, 00:07
eh she rusty or just needs paint??

Its jdm tyte yo red rotten wit rustynessssssss :D

Gar-4-age 86
16-03-10, 00:10
Ya might as well dream here as ya would in bed.......... !

Wha:confused: y remind me of bein back at school :p i myt as well be with my funds wont be back out for a while goldstones feels like aegis ago...

@Gem yea perfect really cheap,reliable would def be snappin it if i had monies....

gem-s13
16-03-10, 00:14
Savage another hater....... Thats 3...............:D

yes im a long time ae hater!!! it mainly the lack of power that puts me off them

but there is an exeption for me a full kitted and cby arched white over black booted levin with sr20na on Tbodies will be built someday but not for a long long time!!

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:14
Wha:confused: y remind me of bein back at school :p i myt as well be with my funds wont be back out for a while goldstones feels like aegis ago...

@Gem yea perfect really cheap,reliable would def be snappin it if i had monies....

I have 2 fields at home with a gap in the hedge........... I might buy this and use it to block the gap instead of a gate..........

On second toughts i might use the gate.........It wouldn't rust as quick........

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:16
yes im a long time ae hater!!! it mainly the lack of power that puts me off them

but there is an exeption for me a full kitted and cby arched white over black booted levin with sr20na on Tbodies will be built someday but not for a long long time!!

Its the only thing that puts me off them aswell........ Well that and the rust............

Like i said good yoke with an sr in them............

Famous jh
16-03-10, 00:22
Ok....I may get flamed for this now but fuck it... That car is stupidly over priced... All ae's are...Its the minters that should be goin for 2k and shit box gap blockers like that arent worth a grand imo... Some car, serious craic an all but ya gotta be realistic bout these things.

gem-s13
16-03-10, 00:23
Its the only thing that puts me off them aswell........ Well that and the rust............

Like i said good yoke with an sr in them............

ah to be fair thow when most of the nissans get to that age they will be rotton to iv had plenty of 180s s13sils and r32s around 90-94 in here for work and a good few have had rotton sills rear arches and pockets,

Robbie Daly Ps13
Ok....I may get flamed for this now but fuck it... That car is stupidly over priced... All ae's are...Its the minters that should be goin for 2k and shit box gap blockers like that arent worth a grand imo... Some car, serious craic an all but ya gotta be realistic bout these things.

Here here....... Well said.............:p

Gar-4-age 86
I have 2 fields at home with a gap in the hedge........... I might buy this and use it to block the gap instead of a gate..........

On second toughts i might use the gate.........It wouldn't rust as quick........

Savage ill go halves wit y ill only need it once every while :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:24
ah to be fair thow when most of the nissans get to that age they will be rotton to iv had plenty of 180s s13sils and r32s around 90-94 in here for work and a good few have had rotton sills rear arches and pockets,

Don't be telling the twin cam lads that.........:p

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:25
Savage ill go halves wit y ill only need it once every while :D

Then the cows would get out...............:p

gem-s13
16-03-10, 00:25
Don't be telling the twin cam lads that.........:p

ha ha it will be grand sure they still all had power:D

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:28
ha ha it will be grand sure they still all had power:D

I think they rust cause they move too quick and the moisture gets into the metel.........:D

Gar-4-age 86
16-03-10, 00:29

Wow 86's are so controversial....Completly agree about prices but then again cars arent just nuts and bolts people get attached to them and cults grow its just a pity that the prices have to rise too but it makes sense....and at the min considering the spec and the amount of fun ud have in that car its cheap..in a way:o

Stevo
16-03-10, 00:32

haters winnnnnnnn wooooop!!!

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 00:32
Yeah it is probably a bit over priced and looks like shit but to some of us thats a little weapon waiting to be brought back to life, sure any real '86 man will have enough spares and shite lying around to turn even the biggest piece of crap into something worthy :D

This SR20 shite is, unfortunately, the easy way to have a competitive cam, even I know that. Thing is if you put a corolla man in an s body he'll smoke up the place like a hero, put an s body man in a corolla and watch him make a show of himself ha ha :p

Flame on !

gem-s13
16-03-10, 00:34
Yeah it is probably a bit over priced and looks like shit but to some of us thats a little weapon waiting to be brought back to life, sure any real '86 man will have enough spares and shite lying around to turn even the biggest piece of crap into something worthy :D

This SR20 shite is, unfortunately, the easy way to have a competitive cam, even I know that. Thing is if you put a corolla man in an s body he'll smoke up the place like a hero, put an s body man in a corolla and watch him make a show of himself ha ha :p

Flame on !

true it take alot more skill to slide an under powerd cam that drive any sbody!!
:eek: did i just say that

Dunnedriftin
16-03-10, 00:36

Flame on !

What about a Honda man into a Honda Corolla :cool: :p

Gar-4-age 86

Can safely say id have it lookin immense an hour after i brought it home pop out to the shed grab a few bits and bingo :D:D:cool:

Famous jh
Wow 86's are so controversial....Completly agree about prices but then again cars arent just nuts and bolts people get attached to them and cults grow its just a pity that the prices have to rise too but it makes sense....and at the min considering the spec and the amount of fun ud have in that car its cheap..in a way:o

Thats all that pisses me off about em really is the silly prices... Jeez i remember it must be 15 years ago or more now my brother payin 1800 quid for a 84 R.O.B... Prob was over priced back then even

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 00:37

Flame on !

Ha........ Priceless.........I was waiting for one of yous 2 to come in on this............Now thats highly debateable.........

Why do you think its shite.......... A good tuneable engine in a savage handling car......... Pray tell me whats wrong with this...............!

Famous jh
16-03-10, 00:38
Oh and dont get me started on the other rocker breaking boat anchors :p :D

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 00:39
Yep, I payed 2 grand including vrt for my first one from japan, sure its the prices that made me go and build an E30 !.

And the Honda thing was firstly the cheapest way to N/A powered goodness and secondly because Im a closet Honda freak !

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 00:43
Ha........ Priceless.........I was waiting for one of yous 2 to come in on this............Now thats highly debateable.........

Why do you think its shite.......... A good tuneable engine in a savage handling car......... Pray tell me whats wrong with this...............!

What you mean an SR in a corolla ?. Nothing wrong with it, if you want to be competitive in a cam then its by far the best route to go in this country. My yoke isn't even competitive anymore and anyone who asked me about the F20 swap was told the same !

Im just in the '86 corner saying they're not rusty heaps of shite but a mans car, driven by manly men who could get into almost anything after a corolla and drive the living shite out of it :D

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 00:44
Yep, I payed 2 grand including vrt for my first one from japan, sure its the prices that made me go and build an E30 !.

And the Honda thing was firstly the cheapest way to N/A powered goodness and secondly because Im a closet Honda freak !

you payed circa 900e for the 20v? or was that your 1st 86? remember the 1st day it appeared in MM ! shabby enough, xr4's WIN :D though they were weak as! whered you get your 1stvertex kit and wats back then??

gem-s13
16-03-10, 00:44

e30 was a good choice wait till you drive it properly!!! fecking lovely car to slide id love to still have my first sport that m3 i had would be in bits inside it!!

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 00:49
you payed circa 900e for the 20v? or was that your 1st 86? remember the 1st day it appeared in MM ! shabby enough, xr4's WIN :D though they were weak as! whered you get your 1stvertex kit and wats back then??

Nope I had a 16 valve booter first, absolutely mint yoke with some basic mods that I spent a good few quid on.Then my mate who was importing stuff brought in a rough 20 valve hatch and we did a deal, thats the same car I have now.

Must route out a pic of it, as said it was a nasty enough looking yoke but had a lot of good stuff underneath.

The wats were 14 inch Konigs and the kit was an ebay job, cost a bloody fortune to get it here !. I was dealing with T3 for all my stuff.

dR Dan
16-03-10, 00:55
true it take alot more skill to slide an under powerd cam that drive any sbody!!
:eek: did i just say that

Haha funni how when some1 more respected steps in and the oul Nissan brigade change their tune when pretty much the same point was already made... :) Anyways AE WINS!!!!!

grimix180
16-03-10, 00:56
lads this gettin outta hand a cam is way underpowered for track use but great fun in the wet its a cheap cam d get more than that for it to scrap it

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 00:57
lads this gettin outta hand a cam is way underpowered for track use but great fun in the wet its a cheap cam d get more than that for it to scrap it

you are un educated my man.;)

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 01:00
Haha funni how when some1 more respected steps in and the oul Nissan brigade change their tune when pretty much the same point was already made... :) Anyways AE WINS!!!!!

Ah Gem is one of the few lads man enough to respect the '86, fair play dude !

Probably shouldn't mention that I actually wanted a 180 when I first learned about D1 but got the '86 booter cause it was cheap. Only took a short spin to make me never look back though .

grimix180
16-03-10, 01:01
how u make that out have had a cam the last 6 years no enogh bot them

dR Dan
16-03-10, 01:01

2 words DONAL GARRY

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs107.snc1/4913_100970303247165_100000025879081_23998_3787957 _n.jpg

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 01:02
how u make that out have had a cam the last 6 years no enogh bot them

Have you ever smashed it?

Stevo
16-03-10, 01:03

wtf has that got to do with anything in this thread :confused::confused:

way2fastforu
16-03-10, 01:03
i like them but id only buy one wit a sr or somethin similiar power under the bonnet i like ta have a bit of giddyup an go ta the rear wheels

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 01:04
wtf has that got to do with anything in this thread :confused::confused:

shut up stevo and watch:D

grimix180
16-03-10, 01:06

never marked it blew a few engines ok but that cos they dont like the dry

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 01:10
2 words DONAL GARRY

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs107.snc1/4913_100970303247165_100000025879081_23998_3787957 _n.jpg

Some dude, must be the last man standing with an N/A cam in Pro ?????

You can see from his results that even he struggles to get a result at the shorter tracks though, you need a fair bit of space to wind them up !

grimix180
16-03-10, 01:12

You can see from his results that even he struggles to get a result at the shorter tracks though, you need a fair bit of space to wind them up !

he has laughin gas in that now i think and he stone mad lol

dR Dan
16-03-10, 01:13

Ya true but if i was a paying spectator it would be the likes of him i wanna see.... BALLS OUT all the waY!!!! Sum MAN!

Flat Eric
16-03-10, 01:13
he has laughin gas in that now i think and he stone mad lol

He's a mad man alright, I know him well !.

Can't wait to see his new set up, will sound amazing and hopefully bring him some more great results.

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 01:14
never marked it blew a few engines ok but that cos they dont like the dry

BINGO

werent goin hard enough haha lolipops :D :) ;)

If you have a half descent standard 4age i found that after a real bollicking of it it they are well enough powered to do justice again other 2.0 2.5 turbos its a totally different style of driving needed though.An with a standard service every couple track days they seem to hold up ace!

Having friends with big power SR's standard SR's and comparing money for time on track,tyres performance gain of skill and maintanance its a straight win for an 86 which is great for me as im an entusiast usualy anything i like or want is always the most akward thing or way for some reason.S'all good though!

Tekno Twinky
16-03-10, 01:15

This guy was very very impresive! never knew his name til now mind.

grimix180
16-03-10, 01:18
wat u mean wernt goin hard enough dog em to an inch of their lives if they die new heart and dog again have u ever had a big power s body to compare i have both and simple as this dog the cam and play with the s body simple as

Simon
16-03-10, 07:16
oh gooooooooooooooooood!

right all ye nissan lovers got your hate out yous dont like cams and dont want have anything to do with them, fair enough. "there rust buckets" thats a ridiculous comment, any car can fuckin rust!

fair play Gem one of the few that will openly admit it and we all know how much you liike nissans...

so killian/kev yas buying this? be saweet to see it turned around as a track slag... dooooo eeeeeit...

1-JAY-Z
16-03-10, 08:57
1600 170bhp N/A vs 2500 550bhp Turbo. All from the one family but the point is its not all about power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D22GDWC24rQ&feature=related

2wayTouge
16-03-10, 10:01
Ah this has to stop with the cams the price on them is too Fooking Ridiculous. You would swear these fooking things were RARE. THERES A FOOKING MILLION of these things here and in japan and england and all over there to dear and to underpowered to comand serious money. When will people cop on not to pay big money for theses things. a mint one with all the bits done to it is worth no more than €3500.

Stevo
16-03-10, 10:39
Jaysus im gonna sound so old when i say this but imo i think the whole thing with tin cans at the minute is the same as the VTEC scene when i was darragh/pete's age, EF9's EG6's EG9's were wanted by everyone 8-10 years ago and were 10k cars, twincams (popularity and price)are the younger lads VTEC Honda's now!!!!

Anyone old fuckers agree?? :p

Greg
16-03-10, 11:01
Jaysus im gonna sound so old when i say this but imo i think the whole thing with tin cans at the minute is the same as the VTEC scene when i was darragh/pete's age, EF9's EG6's EG9's were wanted by everyone 8-10 years ago and were 10k cars, twincams (popularity and price)are the younger lads VTEC Honda's now!!!!

Anyone old fuckers agree?? :p
I agree Stevo. I remember a 1.5 vtec EG selling for 11k here once upon a time and it only had coilovers, wheels, and some seats in it. Cam prices are dropping, but they need to drop a hell of a lot more, because I want one to daily in. I love cams and the way you have to drive them. :D

Stevo
16-03-10, 11:09
I agree Stevo. I remember a 1.5 vtec EG selling for 11k here once upon a time and it only had coilovers, wheels, and some seats in it. Cam prices are dropping, but they need to drop a hell of a lot more, because I want one to daily in. I love cams and the way you have to drive them. :D

Yup gud times them :D See the thing is i really could'nt go and pay the money lads want for them at all greg, im sure there cool daily's but so much money for a car that is not very quick or powerfull if ya get me SR'd cams VTEC cams yes id have one but not a standard cam....

meego1
16-03-10, 11:27
Probably shouldn't mention that I actually wanted a 180 when I first learned about D1 but got the '86 booter cause it was cheap. Only took a short spin to make me never look back though .[/QUOTE]

Didnt u hav a 180 for the road at some stage or was just for a licence day in mondello back 06, while u were building cam....
I think ur cam would still be competitive here in europe ,dont kno why u think it wudnt it brought u great succes here,think its time it came of retirement.
I dont think every cam owner will be as successful as you,d-mac,donal garry ,you lads have skills didnt matter wht car use got in2, u wud hav been good in it:)

Stevo
16-03-10, 12:07
I think ur cam would still be competitive here in europe ,dont kno why u think it wudnt it brought u great succes here,think its time it came of retirement.
I dont think every cam owner will be as successful as you,d-mac,donal garry ,you lads have skills didnt matter wht car use got in2, u wud hav been good in it:)

What he said bring back the vtec eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uRv1rKYtk

kevae86
16-03-10, 12:09
drift slag..!! worth 2k anyday...yed make money if ye broke it for parts...

moons657
16-03-10, 13:31
defo worth the 2k.grand track yoke:cool:love the 86's.they are the coolest cars ever i think,and thats where it all started:cool:

kevae86
16-03-10, 13:38
defo worth the 2k.grand track yoke:cool:love the 86's.they are the coolest cars ever i think,and thats where it all started:cool:

couldnt be more true..some people forget this tho..!!!:rolleyes:

Stevo
16-03-10, 13:39
couldnt be more true..some people forget this tho..!!!:rolleyes:

Does'nt mean ya gotta love them either lad :rolleyes:

copeyhagen
16-03-10, 13:42
What he said bring back the vtec eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uRv1rKYtk

what engines he runnin there

Stevo
16-03-10, 13:48
what engines he runnin there

S2k F20C as far as i know!!

bart
16-03-10, 14:35
2 actually............

3 actually:cool:

Chuck_g
16-03-10, 15:06
The real mans car :) Think an 86 will be my next car.......or a rx :)

Chuck_g
16-03-10, 15:12

God i love that Country. you think if someone crashed in front of the judges stand at PD any of em would jump down n see if hes okay......i think not, ud get em suppin monster then "Oh his entry was poor, he missed a clipping point and now hes on fire, il have to knock a few points off him for that"......."Oh wait now hes dead" Next please :D

I Heart Japan

Simon
16-03-10, 15:13
The real mans car :) Think an 86 will be my next car.......or a rx :)

good work!!! i think mine will be a chaser, hah see what im getting at here?? :D

nikkisixx69
16-03-10, 15:16
that thing rules!!! used and abused !!!

Chuck_g
16-03-10, 15:17
good work!!! i think mine will be a chaser, hah see what im getting at here?? :D

Lad coming to see her tomorrow with cash monies..............;)

PeterT
16-03-10, 16:07
I read page one and have had enough of it! need to be a man to drive an sr20 cam...what the fuck. totaly opposite.Power makes drifting easy FACT.

And imagine a silvia for 2k. its be a lot less car than this. FACT.

Simon
16-03-10, 16:15
Lad coming to see her tomorrow with cash monies..............;)

no worries man..

peterhouze
16-03-10, 17:16
toda 272's you mad man YES PLEASE!:D im actually considering this! i want the running gear! and that engine!:D

if you looking for runining gear retro dan is selling his for 800:) http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/108926-big-project-uk-ae86.html

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-03-10, 18:16
I read page one and have had enough of it! need to be a man to drive an sr20 cam...what the fuck. totaly opposite.Power makes drifting easy FACT.

And imagine a silvia for 2k. its be a lot less car than this. FACT.

In all fairness wtf are ya on about.............

alan180sx
16-03-10, 18:25
cant believe how outta control dis thread gone hahahaha

i hate cams but that my opinion each to there own

B.Egan
16-03-10, 18:39

Its much easier to drift a powerful car (up to a point) than an underpowered car. Thats just fact. With the overpowered car a floor of the throttle and you can recover, but in an underpowered car if your speed, line, entry arent right it can be hard to continue it. But over all rofl at this thread. Some ppl love 86s, including me. If ppl dont understand that then its fine. By the same virtue we look at all the s bodies and think why? Drifting is about fun. Driving the same car as everybody else to the point where ppl are sick of seeing them isnt IMO. Some ppl like the challenge, the underdog, and the fact that if you pull it off just right that you know it took proper skill to do. If you wanna be competitive, arent the best driver in the world, and dont want to take the risk of something different, then get a s body.

I could go argue alot of ppls points but whats the point? Everybody has their own views. But it is a pretty well known fact that most of the best drifters in the world started off in underpowered cars as it makes you learn a lot more. 86 wise Eric, Darren, Ueo etc. all seem to have done well for themselves so I'd prefer to listen to their views on these kind of things. Drifting a s body on the limit wont be as fun as drifting an 86 properly on the limit IMO.

serious tom
16-03-10, 19:04
look at the interest tho..
not a hope of getting it like.

PeterT
16-03-10, 19:16

pretty simple...ae86 with 16v, hard to drift. ae86 with sr20det, easy to drift.

2k on an equivalent car (eg, silvia) and youd get something thats either dead, or missing most parts.

dR Dan
16-03-10, 19:36
Amazing how people are sooo stuck on their ways... Cant just admit to the facts cas they 'HATE' a certain type of car... Its a narrow minded world we live in!

davemc-s13
16-03-10, 19:42
Amazing how people are sooo stuck on their ways... Cant just admit to the facts cas they 'HATE' a certain type of car... Its a narrow minded world we live in!

shut up:rolleyes:

haha only playing just tought id join in on the bickering:p

dR Dan
16-03-10, 19:46
shut up:rolleyes:

haha only playing just tought id join in on the bickering:p

Touchie subject :D

Jimmy
16-03-10, 19:59
jerry... jerry... jerry..... ha yis are all mad different strokes for different folks

nicky h
16-03-10, 20:34
this car is epic, i love it !!!!

japman2202
16-03-10, 21:01
Its much easier to drift a powerful car (up to a point) than an underpowered car. Thats just fact. With the overpowered car a floor of the throttle and you can recover, but in an underpowered car if your speed, line, entry arent right it can be hard to continue it. But over all rofl at this thread. Some ppl love 86s, including me. If ppl dont understand that then its fine. By the same virtue we look at all the s bodies and think why? Drifting is about fun. Driving the same car as everybody else to the point where ppl are sick of seeing them isnt IMO. Some ppl like the challenge, the underdog, and the fact that if you pull it off just right that you know it took proper skill to do. If you wanna be competitive, arent the best driver in the world, and dont want to take the risk of something different, then get a s body.

I could go argue alot of ppls points but whats the point? Everybody has their own views. But it is a pretty well known fact that most of the best drifters in the world started off in underpowered cars as it makes you learn a lot more. 86 wise Eric, Darren, Ueo etc. all seem to have done well for themselves so I'd prefer to listen to their views on these kind of things. Drifting a s body on the limit wont be as fun as drifting an 86 properly on the limit IMO.

Well said lad!!!
I wonder what the rwd nissans will be like when there 23 years old???
I wonder what they'd be like for rust or what they'll be worth????

I love the sound of a 4age singing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UAuBu6hLs

Ae86 ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THW96bt3fs

Man with skills ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpiBH5VAZM

kevae86
16-03-10, 21:13

totaly agree...if ye can drive and contol an underpowered car ye can drift any car...its not all bout haven big power..hatchi FTW..!!!:D

Famous jh
16-03-10, 21:21
Well said lad!!!
I wonder what the rwd nissans will be like when there 23 years old???
I wonder what they'd be like for rust or what they'll be worth????

Japman that is the most stupid comment i've ever read i think! :rolleyes:

Datsuns are worth fuck all anyway...As for rust they are as bad as the rusty corollas...

Corollas are cool, 99% of people sayin they arent are either people who never owned one or were not man enough to be able to drive one properly.. But what pisses me off is the money rusty corolla make, and i mean rusty ones now... Corolla's are rusty fucks anyway, the age doesn't really matter... Jeez over 12 years ago the sills and arches were starting to go in my brothers one, so its not just down to the age of em... Its the shite tin foil thier made from and brutal rust proofing from the factory is their prob...

japman2202
16-03-10, 21:29
Japman that is the most stupid comment i've ever read i think! :rolleyes:

Datsuns are worth fuck all anyway...As for rust they are as bad as the rusty corollas...

Corollas are cool, 99% of people sayin they arent are either people who never owned one or were not man enough to be able to drive one properly.. But what pisses me off is the money rusty corolla make, and i mean rusty ones now... Corolla's are rusty fucks anyway, the age doesn't really matter... Jeez over 12 years ago the sills and arches were starting to go in my brothers one, so its not just down to the age of em... Its the shite tin foil thier made from and brutal rust proofing from the factory is their prob...

Old toyotas are rusty, but so are other older cars.
Fords, hondas, nissans, etc, but how many other 80's cars are around on the roads as much as cams or as clean as cams?????
If someone wants to pay for a rusty car leave em off.
A car is worth what someone will pay for it!!!!!!

Famous jh
16-03-10, 21:53
Old toyotas are rusty, but so are other older cars.
Fords, hondas, nissans, etc, but how many other 80's cars are around on the roads as much as cams or as clean as cams?????
If someone wants to pay for a rusty car leave em off.
A car is worth what someone will pay for it!!!!!!

That doesnt justify the stupid money people ask for em... Your totally missing the point im making... Any rusty car is worth fuck all in my eyes... I've got ford blue blood running in my veins...Doesnt mean i think that rusty old Mk2 sittin out in the shed is worth anything!!!!!!

markII-90
16-03-10, 22:03
Always loved hachis and some day il have 1 hopefully.. This vid shows some serious balls out drivin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNM70xHDxkU

team86
16-03-10, 22:24
86s for t win..

any man can drift 200 bhp +++

id nearly let some of ye SR DRIFT LADS drive my very very under powered 16v cam in mondella and see wat your drifting skills are like :p

Prodrifter86
17-03-10, 00:28
twimcams are what started drifting anyway (i think):rolleyes::confused:

and theres natin like seein 1 with the 1600 engine and sum lad driving balls out ! instead of just tipping the handbrake or watever in a bigger powered car! its nicer to see sum1 doggin the shite out of the cams!

MrH
17-03-10, 02:26
Very strange debate going on? With regard to the topic in hand. :confused:

D.Garry
17-03-10, 11:51
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/hunter_moyes/Car%20sale/DSC00144.jpg

[/url]
Ha what a beauty,, Id have that over any dirty datsun !

dR Dan
17-03-10, 12:54

The man himself...:cool:

mr-scones
17-03-10, 19:06
defintly worth 2k,sum kool car

Tekno Twinky
17-03-10, 20:00

Yes! yes indeed! :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
17-03-10, 20:03
Yes! yes indeed! :D

Ha ha get a life.............

Tekno Twinky
17-03-10, 20:22
Ha ha get a life.............

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ok il go shopping tommorow :rolleyes:

peterhouze
17-03-10, 20:29
that sold this mornin so you can all claim down about it

Robbie Daly Ps13
17-03-10, 20:32
Poor man!........

nixon001
18-03-10, 19:33
wow, 11 pages already!!!

Tekno Twinky
18-03-10, 22:16
wow, 11 pages already!!!

Im good for them:p

team86
18-03-10, 22:19
and it sold ten times quicker that any sr20 that was going for €500

hunty_sideways
18-03-10, 22:37
well the poor soul that got landed with that hen house :rolleyes:

sr20det :D yes another ae hater

way2fastforu
18-03-10, 22:45
i dont hate ae's as long as they've an sr20:D:D

Flat Eric
19-03-10, 01:46
Didnt u hav a 180 for the road at some stage or was just for a licence day in mondello back 06, while u were building cam....

Yep, I had a 180 on the road for a short time when building the cam, Bergo got his license in it in mondello !

I know my corolla won't be competitive because I struggled the whole season in 2008 and the lads have all got far better machinery since then. It will always be competitive on certain tracks but I would need to spend a shit load to be able to challenge the likes of Carpo's 15 every time out.

It will be back out shortly but purely for my own enjoyment at DI days etc. My competing is done else where now and Im looking forward to firing it into Honda corner in mondello at some stupid angle for the craic :D !

Amy G
19-03-10, 12:41
wow, 11 pages already!!!

Haha, Can't u count Nixon???

86s for t win..

any man can drift 200 bhp +++

id nearly let some of ye SR DRIFT LADS drive my very very under powered 16v cam in mondella and see wat your drifting skills are like :p

They'd try drift Honda, either understeer it all or end up in the beach...;)

twimcams are what started drifting anyway (i think):rolleyes::confused:

and theres natin like seein 1 with the 1600 engine and sum lad driving balls out ! instead of just tipping the handbrake or watever in a bigger powered car! its nicer to see sum1 doggin the shite out of the cams!

Twincams will always be popular, they're like what Mk2's are in Rally.... They're original and cool....

Way more fun and challenging to drive an underpowered car, although I would like to see how much easier it would be in a silvia... Perhaps :rolleyes: