PDA

View Full Version : R32 gtst help...

Jimmy
04-07-09, 12:50
Whats the crack lads the car starts to splutter real bad when i go down a hill or around a long bend as if i was really low on petrol but theres always loads in it. Just put a new pump an reg in it and it was fine its mounted a bit closer to the bottom of the tank as well.

Any ideas? i took out the pump again and everything looks fine.

Dunnedriftin
04-07-09, 22:01
sounds like the pump is not supplying enough fuel, id say you Filter is fookd or else its dirty petrol in the tank and its sucking up the grime & sh!te...

Eoin R.
05-07-09, 09:51
Try changein the fuel filter lad and check the earth on the pump!!

what fuel pressure is it runnin at??

mick-skyline
05-07-09, 12:10
did ya change the filter in the engine bay?? could be your plugs gapped incorrectly or could be your coilpacks on teh way out, or last thing to check is your AFM

Dunnedriftin
05-07-09, 13:29
did ya change the filter in the engine bay?? could be your plugs gapped incorrectly or could be your coilpacks on teh way out, or last thing to check is your AFM

Not contradicting you mick at all, but he says only going down hill and turning corners, dont think the coil packs would be affected?? :confused:

If it was the plugs i think it would be splutting all the time...:cool:

as i said im not saying your wrong but i doubt its them. . .

Jimmy
05-07-09, 15:38
Nice one lads, i got the plugs gapped properly when i serviced it last and replaced the coils not so long ago because it was misfiring real bad.

Il try the fuel filter and see and check the earth,
The pressure its at is 3.

Oh ye it was only downhill or on bends but today it was the worst its ever been just driving on a straight road :(

Eoin R.
05-07-09, 16:19
Nice one lads, i got the plugs gapped properly when i serviced it last and replaced the coils not so long ago because it was misfiring real bad.

Il try the fuel filter and see and check the earth,
The pressure its at is 3.

Oh ye it was only downhill or on bends but today it was the worst its ever been just driving on a straight road :(

Right so its gettin worse?

ammm did u change the fuel filter ya??

mick-skyline
06-07-09, 00:34
Not contradicting you mick at all, but he says only going down hill and turning corners, dont think the coil packs would be affected?? :confused:

If it was the plugs i think it would be splutting all the time...:cool:

as i said im not saying your wrong but i doubt its them. . .

sorry i only half read it, my bad

Dunnedriftin
06-07-09, 01:17
sorry i only half read it, my bad

No bother mick, i always make that mistake,

atleast you made a imput, sometimes i fear not to as i fear to be wrong :o lol

Dunnedriftin
06-07-09, 01:20
If its not the filter, dirty fuel, or bad earthing/wiring my next guess is the pump is wanked and on the way out...

Might have a standard GTS-T pump next week if yours is wankd

mick-skyline
06-07-09, 14:40
did you get the right pump for the car, i mean some places will sell a silvia pump on the asumption they are the same because they look the same but the pick up on the pump is on the opposite side so would only but using 3/4 of your tank and youll be left with 1/4 unused all the time.... just a thought......

Jimmy
06-07-09, 15:41
Em Im pretty sure its the right pump because it was perfect for a while, like it only went in about 4/5 weeks ago an this only started in the last 2 weeks.

I ordered a new filter there today will have it tomorrow. But would a dirty filter have that much of a severe effect all of a sudden??

Nice one for the help anyway lads il let yous know if this sorts it ;)

Dunnedriftin
06-07-09, 16:25
Em Im pretty sure its the right pump because it was perfect for a while, like it only went in about 4/5 weeks ago an this only started in the last 2 weeks.

I ordered a new filter there today will have it tomorrow. But would a dirty filter have that much of a severe effect all of a sudden??

Nice one for the help anyway lads il let yous know if this sorts it ;)

well lets rule out the simple things first like the filter ;)

start with the more ovbious first...:)

Jimmy
07-07-09, 21:49
Whats happenin lads, got the new filter in and it kept splutterin.... turned out it was the plug off the afm i just blew into it an plugged it back in an shes fine so it was either a bit dirty or not plugged in all the way.

Problem solved :) nice one lads

Stevo
08-07-09, 00:04
Gud to hear ted:D

Jimmy
08-07-09, 16:29
Aye man relief, its the worst when you dont know whats goin on