PDA

View Full Version : Blowing from turbo

bnollie
17-02-10, 21:59
I have a problem with my sr20 sounds like there is blowing coming from my turbo changed all the gaskets. Manifold to turbo,manifold to block,turbo gasket and the down pipe.it sounds like its coming from the turbo itself its a blowing noise is there a gasket between the turbo housing or any where else it could be coming from?? My head is melted need help please. Thanks

wezwkd
17-02-10, 23:40
My money says yer turbo is fucked dude.

nissan_doctor
18-02-10, 00:18
As I said if you haven't fitted the locking tabs to the turbo flange bolts they will come loose and cause the gasket to blow again.

moons657
18-02-10, 00:25
id go with nissan doctor here.mine didnt have locking tabs and during a track day id to keep on tightening it up.same kinda noise like a whoosing noise:rolleyes:

Arnie
18-02-10, 03:00
would be worth to check the bolts holding the in/out part of turbo to the turbo housing as on one of my turbos it came loose and bolt came off altogether :eek:
Also, your mainfold/ turbo exhaust side could be cracked (quite common) so could be leaking air.

bnollie
18-02-10, 19:38
As I said if you haven't fitted the locking tabs to the turbo flange bolts they will come loose and cause the gasket to blow again.

Ya thanks Paul will have a look at it after the weekend cheers:D