PDA

View Full Version : Gizzmo electronic boost controller

SteveM
31-01-10, 20:58
I got this boost controller from drift works and fiit it a few days ago,its a great kit simple to fit.but my problem is it was pre set at 1 bar and i cant figure out how to change the boost.

Any body have one and no how?:confused:

bnollie
31-01-10, 20:59
I got this boost controller from drift works and fiit it a few days ago,its a great kit simple to fit.but my problem is it was pre set at 1 bar and i cant figure out how to change the boost.

Any body have one and no how?:confused:

ill be up tommorrow to help

SteveM
31-01-10, 21:16
Nice one kid,just cant find boost settings.

AndrewR32
01-02-10, 20:19
If you figure it out, can you let me know? i got one last week but dont want to install it until i figure out how to set the boost to .85bar

Jessup
01-02-10, 20:22
If you figure it out, can you let me know? i got one last week but dont want to install it until i figure out how to set the boost to .85bar

me too!! ....

gem-s13
01-02-10, 22:07
iv fitted a few of these for people as far as i can see they are pure shite!! if you go to the selected boost them hold down the top left buton it will start flashing then its one of the other butons to change the seting

SteveM
02-02-10, 08:08
Still no joy,can get into every other setting except the boost.bnollie might call tonight,need some fresh brains.

e30h26
02-02-10, 13:39
Taken from another site:

Setting a Gizzmo IBC - The (VERY) Simple Guide

1) Fit Unit as per instructions

2) Start car and allow engine to warm up thoroughly whilst doing the next few steps

3) Press the top button on the IBC until the no. "1" is shown on the display. It will flash 3 things: "1(The boost level)", "Target Boost(whatever that is)", "0.00(Real time boost level)".

4) Press and hold the top button until a number (The "duty cycle") comes up on the screen. Set this to 10 (the minimum).

5) Leave the controller for 4-5 seconds and it will return to the "real time" boost level

6) Press and hold the bottom button until a number (The "gain") comes up on the screen. Set this to "0" for the moment. Leave for 4-5 seconds until it returns to the "real time" boost level.

7) Drive the car on full throttle in 3rd or 4th gear.

8) Pull over to the side of the road in a safe place, then either turn off the ignition then turn it back on again, OR, Press the top button once, then the bottom button once (this will put the controller into boost level 2, then back to 1 again). Either way you do this you will be informed what the highest stable boost pressure achieved was by way of the pressure flashing at you on the screen. This is the new "Target" boost. Let us say that this was 12.5psi and you would like to achieve 16psi.

9) Press and hold the top button again until the "Duty" comes up again. Increase this by 10. Then leave the controller for 4-5 seconds until it returns to the real time boost screen.

10) Repeat steps 7/8/9 until the boost level you require is achieved. If you get duty cycle over 50 and the boost level is not increasing, then you have either not plugged in the solenoid or you have not plumbed it in correctly! As it gets closer to the level you would like, only increase by small steps of, say, 5 at a time.

11) When you are happy with the pressure, press and hold the bottom button and enter the "Gain" setting menu. Gain is How hard/fast the boost is brought in. It should NEVER be higher than duty cycle. In fact we have found the best setting is below 10. If gain is too high the boost will either overshoot, or the maximum stable (Target) boost will increase every time you drive it!

12) Repeat steps 3-11 on boost levels 2, 3 and 4 to achieve the boost levels you require.

e30h26
02-02-10, 14:15
These are very good boost controllers and very easy to set up once you get the hang of it, if any of ye are around cork i can meet up with ye and explain it.

Sideways Simon....
02-02-10, 14:52
@ e36h26- them instructions only apply to the ibc

The gizzmo ms-ibc is different set up-

The ms-ibc is the one with the black box and blue numbers.
the ibc has a silver box with black face and i think its green numbers.

I have the ms-ibc and its fine, does exactly what it does, has a scramble button for quick boost changes and has a anti spike feature and a over boost setting.

There pretty easy to set up , just take your time, read the instructiions a few times.

Anyhow to set boost...

>press and hold down the bottom button
>Then press the bottom button to select open
>press both buttons together, then it will flash "duty"
>use the top button to set the duty at 38( change this up or down to change boos level)
>press both buttons together, this will then bring up "gain" on the display
> using the top or bottom button set the gain to 10-15 but on a standard turbo 15 is more than enough, or else the chances of a boost spike is more likely. I have mine set at 13
>next press both buttons again and thats it set up.

Go out the road and check your max boost in 3rd and 4th gear and if its too low just increase the duty or if its boosting too high decrease the duty. but only make small changes to the duty at a time.

The duty levels will be different in every engine.

e30h26
02-02-10, 15:09
@ e36h26- them instructions only apply to the ibc

Suppose we shouldve asked which one hes running, and i was too lazy to type it all out for the MS-IBC :D

AndrewR32
02-02-10, 16:23
Anyone know if the ms-ibc settings are the same for the newly released MS-2?

any quick tips for that unit?

SteveM
02-02-10, 16:26
Cheers lads,forgot to metion that it was the MS-IBC one.
But when i change the duty (between 10 and 28 the boost stays at .98)didnt want to go any higher until i made sure, but most go higher later and c.

Sideways Simon....
02-02-10, 17:33
Cheers lads,forgot to metion that it was the MS-IBC one.
But when i change the duty (between 10 and 28 the boost stays at .98)didnt want to go any higher until i made sure, but most go higher later and c.

Do you have an adjustable actuator by chance??? and are you sure its the duty your changing and not the gain??

SteveM
02-02-10, 17:44
Its the duty alright.there is actually the lad i got the car off had a fordge one fitted.
But i taught if i fitted a boost controller wouldnt have to go at it.:confused:
Im wrong obviously am i?

Sideways Simon....
02-02-10, 19:21
Its the duty alright.there is actually the lad i got the car off had a fordge one fitted.
But i taught if i fitted a boost controller wouldnt have to go at it.:confused:
Im wrong obviously am i?

Well the boost pressure of a standard actuator on a t28 is just a tad under 0.5 bar.. the previous owner may have the adjustable actuator adjusted so that its 0.9, if so the boost controller wont go below that... So, whatever the pressure is at the actuator the ebc wont go below that...

SteveM
02-02-10, 19:45
Fair play,most go set that lower so.
Nice one.:D:D