PDA

View Full Version : FC-Tuning to make visits to Ireland (mapping)

EvojeepGal
20-01-10, 10:58
This lads NEVER had an engine blow!!! A lot of drifters and tuners in the UK use this chap, including Team Green, Garage-D to name but a few.

Some very impressive figures achieved too with various makes/models, incl 400bhp + Evo6 on STANDARD injectors!!! (And its still alive lol)

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/fc-tuning/99957-fc-tuning-visit-ireland.html
http://fctuning.com/FCTUNING/_.html

Steve's teaming up with Urban Performance in Dublin for his first and few trips over. It may be the start of a beautiful friendship! :)

Polo
20-01-10, 22:22
I can not vouch for this man enough!!
Il let the figers do the talking;)
My s14 sr20 black top 465hp and 405ftlb, totaly stock sr bar rocker arm stoppers and 1.9mm head gasket, with the normal other mods, turbo, injectors bla bla bla.
My mates evo 6, 476hp and 445ftlb on stock turbo, injectors and engine, upped fuel pressure and decent supporting mods.
Both engines still live on after more than a year. ;)

Darren-mac
27-01-10, 17:25
He be mapping my car when he visits in march, have heard nothing but good reports from customers

Alan B.
27-01-10, 17:33
hmmm, sounds good. must have a chat with joe out there about this.
doubt i will be able to get anything done with my yoke though, still completely standard at the moment, but would be nice to see what he'd recommend

EvojeepGal
27-01-10, 17:35
He got somethin like 330bhp out of a STANDARD S15 before!!!
I wouldnt be put off by lack of mods u may have as even stock ecu's are re-mappable and u dont have to pay the licence fees like u do in most other places, it cost me €700 for a license to do my Evo ecu before, just for the bloody licence :eek:

Robbie Daly Ps13
27-01-10, 17:36
What date is he supposed to be coming over....... What sort of money is he for a map........ Dose he road map it or on the rollers..........!

EvojeepGal
27-01-10, 17:37
What date is he supposed to be coming over....... What sort of money is he for a map........ Dose he road map it or on the rollers..........!

Not sure of pricce, done on rollers and first date is 6th Feb confirmed

Alan B.
27-01-10, 17:41
He got somethin like 330bhp out of a STANDARD S15 before!!!
I wouldnt be put off by lack of mods u may have as even stock ecu's are re-mappable and u dont have to pay the licence fees like u do in most other places, it cost me €700 for a license to do my Evo ecu before, just for the bloody licence :eek:

it's a bone stock rb25 in my s14a as far as i know.
i'll be getting it on the rollers out there soon to see what power it's at so i'll
see what i can do from there.
need to get the box back in asap so.

EvojeepGal
27-01-10, 17:42
U wont be dissappointed with Steve, even with the standard engine ;)

Robbie Daly Ps13
27-01-10, 18:26
Not sure of pricce, done on rollers and first date is 6th Feb confirmed

6th of feb.......? I won't have my yoke ready till mid march........ Hopefully he'l be taking a trip back........:D

Administrator
27-01-10, 18:35
I think this is a repost?

EvojeepGal
27-01-10, 18:49
6th of feb.......? I won't have my yoke ready till mid march........ Hopefully he'l be taking a trip back........:D

He is due back in March as far as i know ;)

Driftma
27-01-10, 19:07
I think this is a repost?

This is no repost:rolleyes:

titey86
27-01-10, 19:11
http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=3074&highlight=tuning
This is no repost:rolleyes:

you were saying....

roughly how much is it for a mapping session?

Driftma
27-01-10, 19:18
http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=3074&highlight=tuning

you were saying....

roughly how much is it for a mapping session?

Heres a post on driftworks of how much it's gonna cost
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/fc-tuning/99957-fc-tuning-visit-ireland-4.html

meego1
27-01-10, 20:30
who s rolling road is he using too map all these?

Alan B.
27-01-10, 20:33
urban has a dyno dynamics rolling road

EvojeepGal
28-01-10, 12:18
Steve is confirmed as one of my 2010 Drift sponsors :D:D:D

robbie@tdp.ie
28-01-10, 15:21
My s14 sr20 black top 465hp and 405ftlb, totaly stock sr bar rocker arm stoppers and 1.9mm head gasket, with the normal other mods, turbo, injectors bla bla bla.
My mates evo 6, 476hp and 445ftlb on stock turbo, injectors and engine, upped fuel pressure and decent supporting mods.

WOW those are serious claims from a std evo turbo and injectors.

Polo
28-01-10, 15:33

Look on Steves site, its all there with video proof on Dynodynamics:)

Alan B.
28-01-10, 16:42
i'll not be getting anything done this time round but i was talking to joe and i'll be up for a look.
dont think steve can map my car as mine has an r33 rb25 and going by his website, they dont do the expansion board for the r33 ecu yet.
i'll make sure to have a chat with him anyway though.

meego1
28-01-10, 18:15
Steve is confirmed as one of my 2010 Drift sponsors :D:D:D

nice one,few more ponies 4 ye:)

Robbie Daly Ps13
28-01-10, 19:32
Im still confused...... :rolleyes: So how much is it to get my car mapped.......?

Arnie
28-01-10, 19:48

I know that the TD05HR-16g used on evo's can be pushed to 380hp on a CA18det, evo guys are getting 400hp out of them due to their extra cc's.
More than that must be due to crazy boost levels or fuel used and fuel pressure must be nuts:D

Those turbos are very capable yet spool very fast, have divided entry, can withstand high boost, so all good. I bought one of them turbos for my twin charged CA project (Steve's post on DW actually convinced me to go for those turbos) but it's the one with titanium shaft (TD05HRA-16g) so it spools even faster.

My supercharger arrived yesterday, will be some fun mapping it all. Who is brave enough to put their name on it (looking for sponsors:D)

For reference Steve said that with good mapping it's easy on std internals to get 380hp on RB25det and no prob to get 330hp out of std CA which I aim for.

robbie@tdp.ie
28-01-10, 20:14
I know that the TD05HR-16g used on evo's can be pushed to 380hp on a CA18det, evo guys are getting 400hp out of them due to their extra cc's.
More than that must be due to crazy boost levels or fuel used and fuel pressure must be nuts:D

Those turbos are very capable yet spool very fast, have divided entry, can withstand high boost, so all good. I bought one of them turbos for my twin charged CA project (Steve's post on DW actually convinced me to go for those turbos) but it's the one with titanium shaft (TD05HRA-16g) so it spools even faster.

My supercharger arrived yesterday, will be some fun mapping it all. Who is brave enough to put their name on it (looking for sponsors:D)

For reference Steve said that with good mapping it's easy on std internals to get 380hp on RB25det and no prob to get 330hp out of std CA which I aim for.

I actually know a hell of allot about Lancer Evos and there turbos. Even the might ti shafted TommiMak turbo cant do 440 bhp on 109 oxygenated race gas. So how can a std one make 476 on pump fuel ?

Robbie

Robbie Daly Ps13
28-01-10, 22:52
I actually know a hell of allot about Lancer Evos and there turbos. Even the might ti shafted TommiMak turbo cant do 440 bhp on 109 oxygenated race gas. So how can a std one make 476 on pump fuel ?

Robbie

Is somebody getting a little sour cause another mapper is moving in on your turf............:( Awwwwww

sil80drifter
28-01-10, 22:53

380?? what else is needed to achive this?

Polo
28-01-10, 23:09
Hers steves archives from only the last year and a bit, hes been mapping for over 10 years.:)
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/MEDIA/Archive.html

Here is the evo i speak of, the 35r was not fitted until part 3 unlike what it says ;)
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/MEDIA/Entries/2008/11/3_Tuning_the_Mitsubishi_EVO_6_-_Part_II.html

My car on stock engine, cams and fuel pressure.
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/Media/Entries/2008/6/20_Tuning_the_Nissan_200sx_S14a.html

kev86
28-01-10, 23:16
my new car is gona be getn done by steve hopefully:D

Driftma
28-01-10, 23:20
my new car is gona be getn done by steve hopefully:D

i must call up when your getting your car done for look see

kev86
28-01-10, 23:22
i must call up when your getting your car done for look see

yeah do!!! we'll watch the new pipes turn gold lol:D

will he have the software for your f-con, or are you sorted now??

Driftma
28-01-10, 23:28
yeah do!!! we'll watch the new pipes turn gold lol:D

will he have the software for your f-con, or are you sorted now??

hummmm gold pipes:eek:

Ya she seems to be going well now,but i don't know if he'll have the software by then,i was going to wait and see but i got a good price of off robbie,and couldn't wait to see what kind powers i have,but you'd never know depending on cost?
how much is his mapping session going to cost???

EvojeepGal
28-01-10, 23:39
As far as I know its just splitting the cost of the Dyno hire for the day, his travel, accomm etc & whatever his fee is between the 5-8cars booked in for the day, which in turn is actually quite reasonable ;)

I may be wrong on proper facts but its along them general lines!!

Driftma
28-01-10, 23:41
As far as I know its just splitting the cost of the Dyno hire for the day, his travel, accomm etc & whatever his fee is between the 5-8cars booked in for the day, which in turn is actually quite reasonable ;)

That could work out beening very reasonable:cool:

robbie@tdp.ie
29-01-10, 20:43
Is somebody getting a little sour cause another mapper is moving in on your turf............:( Awwwwww

Yea thats exactly it. Cause i cant get 475 out of a std evo....6.....

Whats more he can do 5-8 maps in one day. I may close up.

Robbie

mike g
29-01-10, 21:05

Robbie

good idea :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-01-10, 21:09

Robbie

Well at least ya see the funny side of it Robbie...... It dose seem a bit dogy the way he maps that many cars in a day...... Especially when he says he'l be finished by 7...... You'd imagine if something went wrong and took too long on one of the first cars the rest of them could end up being rushed.........

How long dose it take you to map a car robbie.........

Driftma
29-01-10, 21:13

I was done with robbie last manday getting my car mapped, and i was there at about half 10 and gone again by about 2 o clock,with a great job done on my tincan

mms motorsport
29-01-10, 21:23

Robbie

this is sum bhp for a standard evo 6..wen mitsubishi built the mr 400 evo 8they use garrett turbo.3 bar map sensor.rc injectors omega pistons an steel rods.for only geting 400bhp???????

Arnie
29-01-10, 22:30
380?? what else is needed to achive this?

LOADS OF MONEY man, all for them engines is ridiculous expensive, that's why I gave up RB25 conversion which I had in possession some time ago.
VERY expensive and rare PowerFC (it's not economical to map std r33 ecu), expensive injectors, expensive turbo, very expensive coilpacks (splitfire's) as std are good only to 330bhp, z32, strong (expensive clutch).

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-01-10, 22:40
LOADS OF MONEY man, all for them engines is ridiculous expensive, that's why I gave up RB25 conversion which I had in possession some time ago.
VERY expensive and rare PowerFC (it's not economical to map std r33 ecu), expensive injectors, expensive turbo, very expensive coilpacks (splitfire's) as std are good only to 330bhp, z32, strong (expensive clutch).

Sure if ya want the horses ya have to be prepared to pay for the hay.....................:D

1-JAY-Z
29-01-10, 22:48
Sure if ya want the horses ya have to be prepared to pay for the hay.....................:D

New sig lol ha ha.

Arnie
30-01-10, 07:59

Sure I agree but there must be some amount of shit out of that amount of hay :D

Bit off topic, but IMO there's much cheaper ways to get silmiliar results up to sub-400hp than modding RB25, Polo's s14 is a proof of that. I don't think that you'd need more than 300hp on a road car realistically. Especially in Ireland.

My goal is great torque curve and response but not for 5k package which will eat pistons for breakfast.

EvojeepGal
30-01-10, 12:37

Its approx 5 cars on each session. He's also now arranged dates for a trip to Northern Ireland in March ;)

Alan B.
30-01-10, 21:49
yeah, it's 5 cars and then one or two on stand-by in case a slot opens up i think.

EvojeepGal
30-01-10, 21:54
Also heard, no disrespect Steve! But he takes his time and many sessions go over so for whoevers not first in line, be expecting some extra tea & cake time!! :p

Actually looking forward to the after comments of this session, no harm in extra/fresh options in the mapping department, especially considering this lad travels all over Europe in particular to map cars, not many can accomplish European recognisation, let alone National ;)

Joe
30-01-10, 22:00
seen him map a few cars when I have been over in smiths over the years and he does a great job and knows his stuff and gets great results

EvojeepGal
30-01-10, 22:14
Yea, to be honest he's not done anything of mine yet, but its VERY rare you hear NO bad stories whatsoever from a mapper.

Ive heard and seen UK cars and owners more than happy with his work so wonder how us rough Irish will go!!!

TBH im very particular about who i let near my car (Evo) etc after putting lots of money into it and not wanting it to go bang, its taken a lot of research and views from people who have used Steve and people who have not, but recommended his work.
But in fairness regardless of how good anyone is it is VERY rare to get someone who has never had an engine go bang on them..... particularly with higher end figures.
And also to get a trade section on Driftworks alone speaks volumes!

At the end of the day, its the people from Driftworks (& some from on here) that have been onto Steve to do sessions over here that have made him get his ass in gear and take the plunge, as considering its on his pocket to invest coming here first time out to chance this country, it aint an easy thing to do, in no business sense, and still could go very wrong up until the last minute.

So for that alone i wish him all the very best of luck, especially seeing as within the last week he's already confirmed a 2nd Irish date & a 1st for Northern Ireland also.

Polo
30-01-10, 22:22
Yea, to be honest he's not done anything of mine yet, but its VERY rare you hear NO bad stories whatsoever from a mapper.

Ive heard and seen UK cars and owners more than happy with his work so wonder how us rough Irish will go!!!

TBH im very particular about who i let near my car (Evo) etc after putting lots of money into it and not wanting it to go bang, its taken a lot of research and views from people who have used Steve and people who have not, but recommended his work.
But in fairness regardless of how good anyone is it is VERY rare to get someone who has never had an engine go bang on them..... particularly with higher end figures.
And also to get a trade section on Driftworks alone speaks volumes!

At the end of the day, its the people from Driftworks (& some from on here) that have been onto Steve to do sessions over here that have made him get his ass in gear and take the plunge, as considering its on his pocket to invest coming here first time out to chance this country, it aint an easy thing to do, in no business sense, and still could go very wrong up until the last minute.

So for that alone i wish him all the very best of luck, especially seeing as within the last week he's already confirmed a 2nd Irish date & a 1st for Northern Ireland also.

Some lads paid for him to go maps some race cars in Jamaca:eek: Iv never heard of a tuner getting asked to go all round europ and further!! Most strugle to get local work in, that says some thing!! Lol, its not even his day job, this is his hobbie:D

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 13:12
Well at least ya see the funny side of it Robbie...... It dose seem a bit dogy the way he maps that many cars in a day...... Especially when he says he'l be finished by 7...... You'd imagine if something went wrong and took too long on one of the first cars the rest of them could end up being rushed.........

Mapping a car properly takes quite a while. The quickest car to map would be a NA on ITBS and that normally takes 3+ hours to do properly.

A turbo car on AFM's and Power FC would take us 3-4 hours on the dyno to be sure it right. Doing the part throttle and light load is very time consuming. Its very easy to tune the full throttle for power. But getting the afr and timing right at 30-60% throttle on a drift car when the trubo is surging is not easy at all.

If its a car that i have mapped before and it hasnt had major parts changed then probally 2 hours.

The main thing is that you need to keep the tempratures constant and to my knoweledge no one has better cooling for there dyno than we do. It still takes us a while on a turbo car to let it settle to the same tempratures for each and every run.

I personally would not like to try and map 5+ cars I have never seen before in a day.

In the end of the day its all down to personal preference.

I still think that the clain on the std evo is pure BS.

Robbie

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-01-10, 14:07
Mapping a car properly takes quite a while. The quickest car to map would be a NA on ITBS and that normally takes 3+ hours to do properly.

A turbo car on AFM's and Power FC would take us 3-4 hours on the dyno to be sure it right. Doing the part throttle and light load is very time consuming. Its very easy to tune the full throttle for power. But getting the afr and timing right at 30-60% throttle on a drift car when the trubo is surging is not easy at all.

If its a car that i have mapped before and it hasnt had major parts changed then probally 2 hours.

The main thing is that you need to keep the tempratures constant and to my knoweledge no one has better cooling for there dyno than we do. It still takes us a while on a turbo car to let it settle to the same tempratures for each and every run.

I personally would not like to try and map 5+ cars I have never seen before in a day.

In the end of the day its all down to personal preference.

I still think that the clain on the std evo is pure BS.

Robbie

In fairness it dose seem a bit sketchy...... Say if it takes you 4 hours to map a car and if you were to map 5 cars in a day it'd take you 20 hours..... And thats provided theres no hiccups along the way.......

Say this lad starts at 8 and finishes at 7...... Now thats 11 hours without a break....... Thats half the time it'd take you robbie........ Basically 2 hours a car....... Can this be done people and you think by the time he maps the last car he'd be gee eyed.........

But at the end of the day iv heard nothing but good about this man so il'l give him a shot...... And at the end of the day if he dose pull it off....... Well......

It'l be like a blind prostatute..........

Ya have to hand it to her........:D

Alan B.
31-01-10, 14:12
not every car takes 4 hours to map. you'd be daft to believe that.
my car was mapped in all of an hour. map loaded, tweeked, then monitored and tweeked a little more out oon the road.
job done.
and has been flying ever since.

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 14:34
not every car takes 4 hours to map. you'd be daft to believe that.
my car was mapped in all of an hour. map loaded, tweeked, then monitored and tweeked a little more out oon the road.
job done.
and has been flying ever since.

So what your saying is its not mapping. Its uploading a map form another engine / car and then messing with it abit. This is not mapping...or anything like it.

Proper mapping tunes every fuel and Ing site for all load conditions and RPM's. As well as tuning all the compensations maps for air / coolant temps. This can be done on any engine in an hour let alone 2 hours. Especially on a rolling road as the tires would melt.

Robbie

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 14:35
In fairness it dose seem a bit sketchy...... Say if it takes you 4 hours to map a car and if you were to map 5 cars in a day it'd take you 20 hours..... And thats provided theres no hiccups along the way.......

Say this lad starts at 8 and finishes at 7...... Now thats 11 hours without a break....... Thats half the time it'd take you robbie........ Basically 2 hours a car....... Can this be done people and you think by the time he maps the last car he'd be gee eyed.........

But at the end of the day iv heard nothing but good about this man so il'l give him a shot...... And at the end of the day if he dose pull it off....... Well......

It'l be like a blind prostatute..........

Ya have to hand it to her........:D

What about the setup rip down time ?

Robbie

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-01-10, 14:57
What about the setup rip down time ?

Robbie

How long dose that take.......?

Alan B.
31-01-10, 14:57
So what your saying is its not mapping. Its uploading a map form another engine / car and then messing with it abit. This is not mapping...or anything like it.

Proper mapping tunes every fuel and Ing site for all load conditions and RPM's. As well as tuning all the compensations maps for air / coolant temps. This can be done on any engine in an hour let alone 2 hours. Especially on a rolling road as the tires would melt.

Robbie

it's uploading a map you've developed ahead of time and tweeking it to suit the car.

of course if you're mapping from scratch on a blank ecu etc it will take alot longer, but i doubt thats what any of these cars will be.

git
31-01-10, 15:04
it's uploading a map you've developed ahead of time and tweeking it to suit the car.

of course if you're mapping from scratch on a blank ecu etc it will take alot longer, but i doubt thats what any of these cars will be.

i wouldn be into that now ! all these fellas go on about how much time they spend on a car doing a CUSTOM ! map and have the cheek to charge ya ha makes ye laugh ! have to agree wit ur man tdp id want it started from scratch time spent working on the car not talking pony please enlighten me if im wrong and that tweaking another uploaded map is how its done as im just learning :)

Alan B.
31-01-10, 15:10
the map wasnt got from revo and just uploaded, thats not what i mean.

chap that done my car develops his own maps and knows exactly what he's doing.
spends alot of time trying out differant things and mapping for differant fuels etc.
it's not a case of plug in hit go and walk away and thats it.
it's not some monkey with a laptop buying maps from another company that doesnt know what he's at.

grimix180
31-01-10, 15:15
and what happens if some1 comes in with a car that needs a complete custom map due to how extreme the mods are on the car and a download map wont do

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 15:15
Toys out of pram comes to mind in this thread:rolleyes:

Steves website shows plenty of video footage of a lot of what he's done and figures, i think the proof is there to be seen regardless of his "behind the scene" way of working.

This guys mapping the last 10years or more and has a FLAWLESS reputation throughout the UK and Europe (that ive found out anyway) Garage-D use him along with Driftworks, yes he must be crap:cool:

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 15:18
and what happens if some1 comes in with a car that needs a complete custom map due to how extreme the mods are on the car and a download map wont do

I am sure he is/has done his homework on the cars which are booked in :rolleyes:

Steve can also bypass password locked ecu's etc he's a computer genious!

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 15:28
Toys out of pram comes to mind in this thread:rolleyes:

Steves website shows plenty of video footage of a lot of what he's done and figures, i think the proof is there to be seen regardless of his "behind the scene" way of working.

This guys mapping the last 10years or more and has a FLAWLESS reputation throughout the UK and Europe (that ive found out anyway) Garage-D use him along with Driftworks, yes he must be crap:cool:

Its nothing like that. I am a Trader on Drift Ireland and I am trying to help the members make a educated decision on how a cars is mapped.

When you have one of this guys Steve's customers/friends come on quoting insane figures for a std EVO 6 you guys set the alarm bells of your selves.

If you want to make wild claims you need be able to back them up.

Robbie

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 15:34
Paul/Polo has already backed up the "claim" by posting video evidence of it a few pages back.....:rolleyes:

Yes I understand your a trader on here & thats your business, but if someone else comes on here offering the same business i do theres not a lot i can do about it, its a public forum this is a discussion.

Paul/Polo also helped out members on here by providing a lot of educational information about the setup of driftcars etc and steering in which that trader childishly deleted it because it wasn't his product, yet the information was very helpful.

Mucha much situation really, all very childish in my eyes, as for Steve, Im really looking forward to hearing about his outcome after his first session here.

Everyone has their own way of mapping and thats thier business, if Steve was a newbe on the block i would understand the caution but of all the digging ive done so far im yet to find anyone with a bad word to say about his work

Alan B.
31-01-10, 15:35

then obviously it will take longer then won't it

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 15:43
Paul/Polo has already backed up the "claim" by posting video evidence of it a few pages back.....:rolleyes:

Yes I understand your a trader on here & thats your business, but if someone else comes on here offering the same business i do theres not a lot i can do about it, its a public forum this is a discussion.

Paul/Polo also helped out members on here by providing a lot of educational information about the setup of driftcars etc and steering in which that trader childishly deleted it because it wasn't his product, yet the information was very helpful.

Mucha much situation really, all very childish in my eyes, as for Steve, Im really looking forward to hearing about his outcome after his first session here.

Everyone has their own way of mapping and thats thier business, if Steve was a newbe on the block i would understand the caution but of all the digging ive done so far im yet to find anyone with a bad word to say about his work

He posted a video totally contradicting his std claim. Which should the members believe. Some one who knows about evos telling them in is not possible on a std engine or a video of an very obviously not std engine making 470 bhp claming to be std.

Robbie

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-01-10, 15:49
He posted a video totally contradicting his std claim. Which should the members believe. Some one who knows about evos telling them in is not possible on a std engine or a video of an very obviously not std engine making 470 bhp claming to be std.

Robbie

In fairness im not doubting the mans ability to map........ But that evo wasn't standerd it had a big fuck off shiny manifold wich i say more than likely had a big fuck off turbo connected to it......

Plus the big hks sticker...... I know its only a sticker but come on he hardly put it on cause its standerd......

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 15:53
Ive seen the car myself and spoke to the owner of it not so long ago, theres 3videos of the car on the website, the last one it has a 2.2stroker engine in it.

I personally did not see the car before the stroker kit, im going on what ive been told and read.

I think at this stage, your going on about it so much, give Steve a ring yourself and settle it direct at the source instead of me being the middle man on a car i did not see back at the time it was done.

Its all easy to speculate and try put off other competitors by bullshitting them on public forums, its not like these are accusations, regardless and even Polo's SR20 is a prime example of Steve's work on minimal supporting mods.

Julian Smith & Phil Morrisson surely dont recommend the chap for no reason.

I say call him and cut out all this bullshit once and for all as its dragging a bit long in the tooth now about this one particular car ;)

Frankae86
Sure that engine was built by HKS :p only messin
Robbie you have PM

robbie@tdp.ie
In fairness im not doubting the mans ability to map........ But that evo wasn't standerd it had a big fuck off shiny manifold wich i say more than likely had a big fuck off turbo connected to it......

Plus the big hks sticker...... I know its only a sticker but come on he hardly put it on cause its standerd......

All I am doing is showing the members that some of the claims about the mans power figures are not quite right. I am sure if he is as good as they say he wont be happy with other people quoting bigger figures also.

Robbie

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 15:55
Hers steves archives from only the last year and a bit, hes been mapping for over 10 years.:)
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/MEDIA/Archive.html

Here is the evo i speak of, the 35r was not fitted until part 3 unlike what it says ;)
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/MEDIA/Entries/2008/11/3_Tuning_the_Mitsubishi_EVO_6_-_Part_II.html

My car on stock engine, cams and fuel pressure.
http://www.fctuning.com/FCTUNING/Media/Entries/2008/6/20_Tuning_the_Nissan_200sx_S14a.html

Second video Polo stated that the big 35r was not fitted in this video. But it clearly was. You can see form the torque graph that the turbo spools late.

Robbie

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-01-10, 15:58
Second video Polo stated that the big 35r was not fitted in this video. But it clearly was. You can see form the torque graph that the turbo spools late.

Robbie

The mans got a good point........

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 16:00
As ive already said.....

Ive seen the car myself and spoke to the owner of it not so long ago, theres 3videos of the car on the website, the last one it has a 2.2stroker engine in it.

I personally did not see the car before the stroker kit, im going on what ive been told and read.

I think at this stage, your going on about it so much, give Steve a ring yourself and settle it direct at the source instead of me being the middle man on a car i did not see back at the time it was done.

Its all easy to speculate and try put off other competitors by bullshitting them on public forums, its not like these are accusations, regardless and even Polo's SR20 is a prime example of Steve's work on minimal supporting mods.

Julian Smith & Phil Morrisson surely dont recommend the chap for no reason.

I say call him and cut out all this bullshit once and for all as its dragging a bit long in the tooth now about this one particular car ;)

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 16:02
As ive already said.....

So its actually 2.2 stroked and GT35r. Well I rest my case.

Happy mapping people.

Robbie

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-01-10, 16:08

Happy mapping people.

Robbie

Ha....... Fucking priceless........

Theres some things money can't buy.......:D

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 16:11

Happy mapping people.

Robbie

It is in the 3rd video, read the info on the pages, theres over a year and a half between the different dates. The video u quoted above hadn't got the stroker kit fitted at that stage.

Can u not read what im saying no, im kinda getting sick of repeating myself here, cut the bullshit and sort it yourself if it bothers u so much, ring the guy, he is very genuine and im sure will have no problem answering your issues

Alan B.
31-01-10, 16:17
im sure if anyone is interested in possibly getting work done by him in the future, all they have to do is go along for a look while he's here like i'm doing.
at the end of the day, the bad opinion of a competeing company means very little just as the good opinion of his brother would for example.
go see for yourselves.

Stonie
31-01-10, 16:42
eh i just want to say, no one has called this guy crap as evojeepgal suggested. No one has he cant map, but i do not agree with his figures as they are wrong clearly, iv heard alot of std evo turbos spooling and that aint one on that evo! And that green 14 says usuall bolt on mods,??if you bolt on enough mods you will see over 400hp????? This is not to question this lads mapping only figures so dont bite my head off:-) :-) :-)!!!!

Polo
31-01-10, 18:07
Lol!

The evo is my best mates, iv done all the work on it part from the mapping!!
The car came in from japan with a few mods already, a set of cusco 2way diffs, cusco twin plate clutch and modified ecu(unknown). There is a chance that there may have been some thing not standard with the turbo, but it all had stock lines, and looked prety stock when i removed it. The engine was 100% stock in the 1st two fids, i stripped the engine down and fitted the stroker kit, so i should know;)

The 1st vid was of stock every thing other than ECU(D-Jetro), IC, exhaust. aprox 400hp(we may have fitted the manifold for this i cant remember with out looking)

The second vid is with same as above but a beefed up fuel sytem, 044 pump, 10mm ID feeds, 8mm ID returns, adjustable fuel pressure regulator(IIRC 1bar more than stock), swerl pot, HKS fuel rail and twin scrol manifold internal gate. aprox 470hp.

The 3rd vid is with 2.4ltr, 288 cams, HKS pulleys, 35r, tiel WG, full race external gate manifold, 1000cc injectors and some other bits 1mm over size valves, springs etc etc. over 550hp

Steve has a day job(not mapping/college teacher) and 90% of his mapping is done in the evenings, i normally meet him at the dyno at 7pm and he normaly fits in 3 cars befor 2-3am, normaly tweeking one on the way to and from the dyno, he also has been to alot of the events with me and always has his laptop on him, jumps in the car for tweeks.
If youv been doing any thing for over 10 years, youl be faster at it than people who havent;)

Any way, im not going to argue about it, every one has there own business, just stating from my experiance with steve.
There is no point bickering over this like kids, people are free to use who they wish.

Polo
31-01-10, 18:19
eh i just want to say, no one has called this guy crap as evojeepgal suggested. No one has he cant map, but i do not agree with his figures as they are wrong clearly, iv heard alot of std evo turbos spooling and that aint one on that evo! And that green 14 says usuall bolt on mods,??if you bolt on enough mods you will see over 400hp????? This is not to question this lads mapping only figures so dont bite my head off:-) :-) :-)!!!!

The green s14a is mine, let me tell you a bit about it.
The engine in that vid was 100% stock internaly apparts from 1.9mm head gasket and rocker arm stoppers.
It is the engine that my car came out of the factory with and had done 125,000miles at the time.
The head had a few cracks in it between the valve seats and spark plug holes, it had second hand stock pistons and rings, i reused the old shels and rods.
Its with stock fuel pressure, walbro fuel pump, 740cc reworked stock injectors.
GT30/76r, tiel 44mm WG, custom IC set up, hand made inlet plenum, hand made exhaust manifold and exhaust.
Stock ignition coils wth extra earths and NGK 9's spark plugs.
Catch tank and some other breathing mods to the cam cover.

Thats it!
Check out my project thread for full spec and pics of every thing!Incuding the fitting of second hand pistons, the cracks in the head etc etc etc.

In regards to "fake" figers, i took the car to a rolling road day with a car club a few weeks later, it actully made more power on the other dyno than when steve mapped it on the dynamics, so defo not "fixed" if thats what your thinking;)

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 18:23
Lol!

The evo is my best mates, iv done all the work on it part from the mapping!!
The car came in from japan with a few mods already, a set of cusco 2way diffs, cusco twin plate clutch and modified ecu(unknown). There is a chance that there may have been some thing not standard with the turbo, but it all had stock lines, and looked prety stock when i removed it. The engine was 100% stock in the 1st two fids, i stripped the engine down and fitted the stroker kit, so i should know;)

The 1st vid was of stock every thing other than ECU(D-Jetro), IC, exhaust. aprox 400hp(we may have fitted the manifold for this i cant remember with out looking)

The second vid is with same as above but a beefed up fuel sytem, 044 pump, 10mm ID feeds, 8mm ID returns, adjustable fuel pressure regulator(IIRC 1bar more than stock), swerl pot, HKS fuel rail and twin scrol manifold internal gate. aprox 470hp.

The 3rd vid is with 2.4ltr, 288 cams, HKS pulleys, 35r, tiel WG, full race external gate manifold, 1000cc injectors and some other bits 1mm over size valves, springs etc etc. over 550hp

Steve has a day job(not mapping/college teacher) and 90% of his mapping is done in the evenings, i normally meet him at the dyno at 7pm and he normaly fits in 3 cars befor 2-3am, normaly tweeking one on the way to and from the dyno, he also has been to alot of the events with me and always has his laptop on him, jumps in the car for tweeks.
If youv been doing any thing for over 10 years, youl be faster at it than people who havent;)

Any way, im not going to argue about it, every one has there own business, just stating from my experiance with steve.
There is no point bickering over this like kids, people are free to use who they wish.

So you are saying that it had a totally stock EVO 6 turbo ? In the video where it was clearly laggy ?

Robbie

EvojeepGal
31-01-10, 19:15
There is a chance that there may have been some thing not standard with the turbo, but it all had stock lines, and looked prety stock when i removed it.

So you are saying that it had a totally stock EVO 6 turbo ? In the video where it was clearly laggy ?

Robbie

You REALLY need to start reading posts....

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 19:50

Reading post. This is what i read. It says stock,.,,,,

Robbie

Polo
31-01-10, 20:12
Reading post. This is what i read. It says stock,.,,,,

Robbie

Your making me doubt my self now lol.
The turbo it made that power on was the turbo that was fitted to the car when it came over from japan. I dont know EVO's enough to 100% confirm it was stock, tbh when i took it off i didnt spend any time looking at it, i ripped the engine out, took the turbo off and gave it to my mate who then sold it. It may well have been modified or uprated but it was defo fitted with stock lines, pipes, etc etc.

Grr, your bringing me down to childs play:rolleyes:

G.Lenihan
31-01-10, 20:17
Lad some reading in this thread lol:D

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 20:18
Your making me doubt my self now lol.
The turbo it made that power on was the turbo that was fitted to the car when it came over from japan. I dont know EVO's enough to 100% confirm it was stock, tbh when i took it off i didnt spend any time looking at it, i ripped the engine out, took the turbo off and gave it to my mate who then sold it. It may well have been modified or uprated but it was defo fitted with stock lines, pipes, etc etc.

Grr, your bringing me down to childs play:rolleyes:

That would explain why the car could possiby make 470 bhp.

Robbie

Stonie
31-01-10, 21:36
The green s14a is mine, let me tell you a bit about it.
The engine in that vid was 100% stock internaly apparts from 1.9mm head gasket and rocker arm stoppers.
It is the engine that my car came out of the factory with and had done 125,000miles at the time.
The head had a few cracks in it between the valve seats and spark plug holes, it had second hand stock pistons and rings, i reused the old shels and rods.
Its with stock fuel pressure, walbro fuel pump, 740cc reworked stock injectors.
GT30/76r, tiel 44mm WG, custom IC set up, hand made inlet plenum, hand made exhaust manifold and exhaust.
Stock ignition coils wth extra earths and NGK 9's spark plugs.
Catch tank and some other breathing mods to the cam cover.

Thats it!
Check out my project thread for full spec and pics of every thing!Incuding the fitting of second hand pistons, the cracks in the head etc etc etc.

In regards to "fake" figers, i took the car to a rolling road day with a car club a few weeks later, it actully made more power on the other dyno than when steve mapped it on the dynamics, so defo not "fixed" if thats what your thinking;)
see with that kind of bolt on mods like a 3076r and the other bits u have on there i dont question the figure, but it does not state clearly on the vid what mods you have done, a 3076r wouldn be a usuall bolt on mod thats a good blower am goin using one on my own sr actually. Standard internals are stronger than people think, they can take over 400hp if done properly. So i do not think your figures are fake. Thanks for the info on your car bud nice car!

JDM
31-01-10, 23:48
Lad some reading in this thread lol:D
Its great they should start up there own soap series look way better on tv

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 00:42
Its great they should start up there own soap series look way better on tv

Wheres the pub:rolleyes: Every good soap has a pub:D

Robbie Daly Ps13
01-02-10, 18:45
Right here we go just gonna clear this up once and for all so everyone can stop bitching.......:D

Im just off the phone to Steve (fc tuning) and i asked him about this famous standard evo........

He said to me the first time he mapped this evo ON A STOCK TURBO td05-16g it made just under 400 bhp........

The second time he mapped this car it was running twin fuel pumps,uprated manifold and wait for it...................... A GT35r.................. This is the time it made 475.........

AND THE THIRD TIME IT WAS STROKED WITH A TWIN SCROLL MANIFOLD........ And made 500&whatever.........

Steve told me this straight up from the horses mouth he wasn't trying to claim anything...........

Because at the end of the day I think even he knows 475 is impossiable outta a standard evo........

Now stop biccering ladies......:D

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 18:46
Polo your full of shit :p

Robbie Daly Ps13
01-02-10, 19:10
Polo your full of shit :p

I was thinking there was a smell of brown stuff round here..........:D

robbie@tdp.ie
01-02-10, 19:38
Well if there were not stupid claims posted then we would never have minded.

All water under the bridge now.

Robbie

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 20:12
It took the decent party to make the call

Polo
01-02-10, 21:29
:D

Oh well it made a good read and filled some time:D Should have checked with my mate or steve befor posting really, my memery is like a sive. How ever, the car defo does not have twin fuel pumps, never has, as said, i fitted the fuel system.;)

Robbie Daly Ps13
01-02-10, 22:21
:D

Oh well it made a good read and filled some time:D Should have checked with my mate or steve befor posting really, my memery is like a sive. How ever, the car defo does not have twin fuel pumps, never has, as said, i fitted the fuel system.;)

My god ya never let up lad.........:D

I reckon we could have another 10 pages on this thread about wheather this car has twin fuel pumps or not........

What ya think.......

Will we go for it...... lol:D

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 22:23
This Polo is not the real one, this is an imposter that sometimes has some bred moments and needs entertaining with the little help from ingredients with dinner :p

cazzy
02-02-10, 02:53
Any 1 knw when the lad is visitting next.i am so tired cant go thru all the thread sorry if its already mentioned.and hw much does he charge any ideas?

EvojeepGal
02-02-10, 12:38
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/fc-tuning/105392-fc-tuning-visit-ireland-session-2-a.html

Polo
07-02-10, 20:03
So howd it all go?:confused:

git
08-02-10, 13:17

x2 forgot it was this weekend till was told yesterday ???

Stonie
08-02-10, 14:46
results? Anyone!

TIMMY495
08-02-10, 21:19

yeh, gud question :confused: im hoping to make the 6th march session

mike g
08-02-10, 22:12
yeh, gud question :confused: im hoping to make the 6th march session

im booked in for the next session, its on the 13th of march

TIMMY495
08-02-10, 23:21
im booked in for the next session, its on the 13th of march

oh rite, its moved :o thx for d heads up man :)

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 01:55
All i know is Robbie thinks everyone that is not a mapper is an idiot , like your engines fucked and i can give you a good price on a rebuild.
You wont hear a person in PD or time attack complaining because he has his name on the side of there car ( so his business will look good ). Good if your a drifter but not if your the ordinary joe soap you better know your stuff.
You mite not understand him when he trys to confuse you with his talk if your new to modding , making you think this guy knows what hes talking about.
Also is very arrogant on the phone.
Is aslo afraid of more mappers around that are poss better than him.

I no that Martin Tracey ( Westward ) will map your car so it wont blow but also up giving you enough bhp/torque , reliability is better than having an extra few break that you dont rely need but just want to say you have the most.
Also will answer all your questions until you understand.

Fc Tuning, cant say much about because have never delt with Steve. He COULD be great but going over 400bhp on a std sr20 ( polo's s14 ) , id like to see this blow after its been driven PROPERLY for awhile.ie the abuse its gets when drifting

Any of the mappers mentioned dont get offened by this just take it as a survey and see how it can help you better yourself . Mite be good for your business

Famous jh
09-02-10, 02:38
Yaaay your back ronan :eek: :D

Why the hell would ya like to see polo's 14 blow :confused: As much as i hates Datsuns even i love that car :p

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 02:49
didnt mean it as his car just took it as example. Who is Polo anyway and where pic of his nissan lol

Famous jh
09-02-10, 03:04
didnt mean it as his car just took it as example. Who is Polo anyway and where pic of his nissan lol

Polo's car is savage and gets driven proper and has proven me wrong in my theory that sr20's were made of chocolate :p

Have a read http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/43035-its-time-get-up-spec.html

Stonie
09-02-10, 08:53
All i know is Robbie thinks everyone that is not a mapper is an idiot , like your engines fucked and i can give you a good price on a rebuild.
You wont hear a person in PD or time attack complaining because he has his name on the side of there car ( so his business will look good ). Good if your a drifter but not if your the ordinary joe soap you better know your stuff.
You mite not understand him when he trys to confuse you with his talk if your new to modding , making you think this guy knows what hes talking about.

I no that Martin Tracey ( Westward ) will map your car so it wont blow but also up giving you enough bhp/torque , reliability is better than having an extra few break that you dont rely need but just want to say you have the most.

Fc Tuning, cant say much about because have never delt with Steve. He COULD be great but going over 400bhp on a std sr20 ( polo's s14 ) , id like to see this blow after its been driven PROPERLY for awhile.ie the abuse its gets when drifting

Any of the mappers mentioned dont get offened by this just take it as a survey and see how it can help you better yourself . Mite be good for your business
you sir are a cock!
How many of them t/a or pd cars you speak of with tdp on the side of them have you seen blow up?
Dont talk about something ya no nothing about!

Polo
09-02-10, 09:41

LOL, my car has done two full competition years on a stock engine at 465hp, in 09 that was 17 competition rounds, whole of EDC, most of BDC, some Prodrift and some JDM allstars along with one off events in portugal. If any one has ever seen my driving or knows my driving style theyl know i drive it hard, 9 gearboxs(2 RB25'S), 8 drive shafts, 3 clutches and two diffs in that time:D

1-JAY-Z
09-02-10, 09:42
9 gearboxs, 8 drive shafts, 3 clutches and two diffs in that time:D

Holy fuck, Would you not look into uprated boxes probably be cheaper in the long run.

robbie@tdp.ie
09-02-10, 09:55

You should get a life and stop talking shit.

BTW you sound just like some other lad I know. I hope for his sake that you are not him.

Robbie

Greg
09-02-10, 10:26
Jaysus, it's good old Ronan. Wonder where'd he has been the last while. The place was short one arsehole without him.

Nice of him to wish somebodies car would blow up.

way2fastforu
09-02-10, 10:38

its you again...why do u come on here:confused: nobody takes ur opinion seriously cos all u do is insult ppl

s13-ste
09-02-10, 13:06
Holy fuck, Would you not look into uprated boxes probably be cheaper in the long run.

lad you shoould see the gearbox he is working on at the mo! if he blows this there is just no hope for him:eek:

Polo
09-02-10, 16:56
lad you shoould see the gearbox he is working on at the mo! if he blows this there is just no hope for him:eek:

Lol, cheers.

My budget wont stretch to an uprated box and my sponsors wont give me one as they know il brake it:D, this is why i designed and devoloped the RB25 adaptor plates (as sold by WKDimports;) ). Im working on a way to make the rb boxs last longer:)

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 17:17
ha funny to see all the TDP gang stand up for each other. Robbie im not the one talking shit you are. "You should get a life and stop talking shit.

BTW you sound just like some other lad I know. I hope for his sake that you are not him."

Whats this about- explain your bullshit in full.

Ha Polo Ill take your word that Steve is that good at mapping, fuck it if I have to drive to England it would be worth the trip instead of going to wicklow to come home with only a headache.

robbie@tdp.ie
09-02-10, 17:21
ha funny to see all the TDP gang stand up for each other. Robbie im not the one talking shit you are. "You should get a life and stop talking shit.

BTW you sound just like some other lad I know. I hope for his sake that you are not him."

Ha Polo Ill take your word that Steve is that good at mapping, fuck it if I have to drive to England it would be worth the trip instead of going to wicklow to come home with only a headache.

If you are going to shoot off your mouth be prepared for the consequences.

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 17:28
whats that a threat or sumthing. How come your the only mapper on this site freaking out, I think your worried about steve. Where you a lonely child that got everything he wanted

robbie@tdp.ie
09-02-10, 17:29
whats that a threat or sumthing. How come your the only mapper on this site freaking out, I think your worried about steve. Where you a lonely child that got everything he wanted

You have no idea have you............?

bart
09-02-10, 17:31

lad you really are a dummy..
you always just come on ere throwing abuse..
if dar or jay has any sense now. they'd ban you..
we need alot less of muppets like you on here.
in my opinion this site has changed the last 6 months.(for worst)
no offence to darragh or the lads.
but it really has..
alot of fucking shit going on here.
if ya want to go and slate robbie. do it by pm. not on an open form.
and i hope robbie finds out who ya are and kicks the shit outta ya.:D:cool:

sr20ronan
you like stalling dont ya more bs from your and no explaining done .You have no idea have you............?

Stonie

have you got a penis growing out of your forehead?!

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 17:34
Bart its a public forum that people want to know stuff, said in my bit for any of the tuners not to get upset and make there business better, but Robbie is the only one that needs to grow up. You dont see Steve coming on making a fool of himself.

Stonie
09-02-10, 17:38
Bart its a public forum that people want to know stuff, said in my bit for any of the tuners not to get upset and make there business better, but Robbie is the only one that needs to grow up. You dont see Steve coming on making a fool of himself.

robbie is the only one you named in your post you arsehole!

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 17:38
Anyway fuck it your fight is with Steve hes taking your business. Dont be annoying me or Evojeepgal for saying what we think.

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 17:40
Stonie you are you fucking tit.

"All i know is Robbie thinks everyone that is not a mapper is an idiot , like your engines fucked and i can give you a good price on a rebuild.

Any of the mappers mentioned dont get offened by this just take it as a survey and see how it can help you better yourself . Mite be good for your business"

I see a Martin Tracey and Steve. either that or iam stoned

git
09-02-10, 17:42

Did yer mammy never tell ya if yave nutn good to say dont say anything at all !!!

sr20ronan
09-02-10, 17:44
what would this site be about it all you could say is good.how would it work. Is the a rule on this on sumthin.

git
09-02-10, 17:46
what would this site be about it all you could say is good.how would it work. Is the a rule on this on sumthin. ha love keyboard warriors dont you John lol euuwaaaa

my god i hope ur not sayn im a keyboard warrior lol

Stonie
09-02-10, 17:47
Anyway fuck it your fight is with Steve hes taking your business. Dont be annoying me or Evojeepgal for saying what we think.

ha ha ha your silly ha ha go away ya egit go get something to back up your shit talk until then leave it out! Good lad:-)

meego1
09-02-10, 19:26
sr20ronan please come dwn to the D.I day in goldstone show us all how good you are ,plenty waitn to rub paint wid ye:D or do u only do ur talkn from behind a screen...:D

Greg
09-02-10, 20:14
I doubt he'll go to Goldstone. He has to use an alias when he's out in Waterford because he's afraid of getting a beating. Or so I was told by his mates.

EvojeepGal
09-02-10, 20:31
Quality! LOL

Razzer
09-02-10, 20:44
haha wouldnt be surprised..

ronan you have said what you wanted to say now piss off and be a keyboard warrior on some other site and stop taking the thread of topic..everybody has there own opinion.....You claim that robbie@ TDP is full of shit and hasnt a clue what he is doing then why is he a successful reputile mapper/tuner/businessman and you are............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ...................thats it a nobody/keyboard warrior.....get a grip of yourself!!!And before you say it No im not a TDP customer,just makin simple facts

but back on topic is there any results of the day?????

EvojeepGal
09-02-10, 20:54
but back on topic is there any results of the day?????
The main topic is on driftworks where it seems it was a great success ;)

s13-ste
09-02-10, 21:13
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3355/dont20worry20sir20im20from20the20internetui7.jpg

Administrator
09-02-10, 22:28
Think this has well run it's course lads, and will be shut after this post.

Anyone with issues with people on here; site traders, staff on here etc. PM the person involved or make a phone call to the person in question without making a fool of yourself in posts on here.

sr20ronan we've let you voice your opinions for long enough at this stage, and scouring through your posts we've decided enough is enough.

It's an open forum yes, but constant argumentative posts and general waffle won't be tolerated.

Case closed.