PDA

View Full Version : Silvia heaters dont work

Newsome
01-12-09, 09:34
Alright guys looking for help with my heaters. All they do is blow cold air all the time. The viscous fan is removed and there an alloy rad with twin electrics fans running constantly.

The guy i got it off said if i disconnected 1 of the fans that i would have hot air but i dont know??

Anyone have any advise for me because i nearly died last night driving it home in -3 degrees. Haha.

1-JAY-Z
01-12-09, 10:10
as far as i know all the heater + a/c pipes are blocked off they were like that when i had it for whatever reason i dont know, there is a harsh but effective alternative, if ya lift the bit of rubber down at the gearstick it blows in hot air from the engine lol its funny but it works, the cabin be warm in no time, hows that clutch going for ya? bit of a cunt isnt it used to be a bastard in traffic or hill starts,

btw removing one of the fans is a load of waffle, dosnt have any effect on the heators at all

nissan_doctor
01-12-09, 10:58
As above, changing the rad or removing the viscous fan will have no effect on the interior heaters. If they are not working then either there is an airlock in the heater matrix or as suggested above, the heater pipes/box has been removed.

Newsome
01-12-09, 12:06
as far as i know all the heater + a/c pipes are blocked off they were like that when i had it for whatever reason i dont know, there is a harsh but effective alternative, if ya lift the bit of rubber down at the gearstick it blows in hot air from the engine lol its funny but it works, the cabin be warm in no time, hows that clutch going for ya? bit of a cunt isnt it used to be a bastard in traffic or hill starts,

btw removing one of the fans is a load of waffle, dosnt have any effect on the heators at all

Ok thanks ill have a look. Awh man that clutch ha. Driving home last night in steel toe boots and numb feet. Lost count after about 15 for the amount of time i stalled it. Haha.

Newsome
01-12-09, 12:07
As above, changing the rad or removing the viscous fan will have no effect on the interior heaters. If they are not working then either there is an airlock in the heater matrix or as suggested above, the heater pipes/box has been removed.

Cheers for the help. May have a gander tomorow when im off.

Bobbys14
01-12-09, 18:58
In my s14a the heater stopped working for no reason same as your problem blew cold air, i fixed my problem now its going to be hard to explain easier just show how it done but i'll give it a go, When you turn the temp up an electric motor moves a small arm i'd say to open a hot air valve (this bar is under the dash just to the left of the clutch pedal) or something like this, well mine was getting jammed so i turned up the temp and the motor started moving the bar, i pushed hard in the bar when it jammed and there was a bit of a click and the motor moved it the rest of the way and i had hot air again!! You will konw by listening to it if it jammed you will hear the motor going forward and back constantly,

Dreamworks-silvia
01-12-09, 19:21
sorry to hijac the tread but friend has a simalr problem with his 14 he is only gettin luke warm air wen its turned up to the higest setting and when he goes hard in it or does a bit of messin in it the air heats up any ideas:confused:

kev.skyline
01-12-09, 21:48
thermostat could be removed

SR20Eric
01-12-09, 22:51
sorry to hijac the tread but friend has a simalr problem with his 14 he is only gettin luke warm air wen its turned up to the higest setting and when he goes hard in it or does a bit of messin in it the air heats up any ideas:confused:

Sounds like its airlocked, check water level to be sure..