PDA

View Full Version : bmw e39 95 reg engine swap

cazzy
22-11-09, 01:23
as above can i put a straight 6 1jz engine in this and how much dent will it coz on my pocket.i have the gearbox too so how does this work considering the 5 series is rear wheel drive as well.what has to be changed.i know its stupid when it comes to terrain but when i park the two cars next to each other they are nearly the same length maybe 10cm difference:rolleyes:
your ideas are most appreciated lads.

Administrator
22-11-09, 02:23
I've seen 1JZs in BMWs before alright, but the question on my lips would be why?

Aidan Hogan
22-11-09, 02:31
It would be different and has been done but like darragh said why ? like if it was me i'd like to put it in something colfer's car and build it up like his ?

Will
22-11-09, 11:02
put an m62 into it for half the money. They`re very torquey for drifting and just generally badass for everything else.

cazzy
22-11-09, 14:05
ok i hear you,let me check the m62 thingy and see how it works out.well a 1jz under a bmw skin would have been a suprise lol.but still though your ideas most appreciated and taken into account.thnx will check m62 first

shay
22-11-09, 17:49
if i was u.id smack the 1jz into the beamer be so kul and diffrent.and why lyk the odre lads said becus u can thats why.

cazzy
22-11-09, 22:15
is the m62 a 4litre:eek: coz that will be a NO NO wouldnt afford to quench her thirst lol.if not how much can i pick 1 in good condition most preferably low miles.how bot engine from m5 whats like

Will
22-11-09, 23:31
is the m62 a 4litre:eek: coz that will be a NO NO wouldnt afford to quench her thirst lol.if not how much can i pick 1 in good condition most preferably low miles.how bot engine from m5 whats like

The m62 is a 4.4L V8. That engine came from e39/e38/X5`s to begin with which is why I recommended it as it`s a plug n play job for your e39. If your using the car for drifting then it`d be great as it has massive amounts of torque. I`ll be in the market for a m62 pretty soon hopefully and having read up on it, they do 30mpg on the motorway if your cruising. Not that you would but keep it as an option as a 1JZ, as a 2.5Lturbo isn`t exactly frugal to say the least.

Best of luck with your project either way mate.

will_c
23-11-09, 00:44
if you want reliability stay away from any non m engine larger than a 6cyl,they cant take the abuse.to fit the 1jz will take a lot of custom fabrication and hard work,money and head scratching but to be honest imo it would be well well worth it.