PDA

View Full Version : brakes

podge
05-06-09, 21:54
right having trouble wit the brakes on the car at the last drift pratice day they boiled and stopped working so tonight i went to bleed them started at the back left hand side and starting working my way all round
now the problem i can get the htdralic hand brake working perfect but when i go to bleed the front brakes i can get a thing from them back brakes were bleed wit the foot brake and work perfect but front brakes cant be got working at all any one got any ideas as to wat to try

pt_y2k
06-06-09, 01:22
first off did ya change the fluid ya??not 100% on bleedin brakes but dont ya go diagonally??back left,front right,back right front left??and maybe try a proper bleeder,sometimes doing it with the pedal just aint good enough and run the risk of turning the seal in the master cylinder....

thegosson
06-06-09, 01:30
you dont bleed them diagonaly. you bleed them from furthest away from the master cylinder first. so rear left then rear right then front left then front right.

Dunnedriftin
06-06-09, 12:35
you dont bleed them diagonaly. you bleed them from furthest away from the master cylinder first. so rear left then rear right then front left then front right.

100% Right, you always bleed from the furthest away from the cylinder!

Davie
06-06-09, 15:03
there is different methods but bleeding from the furthest works for me,
maybe the caliper's are seized?

Jay Rockett
06-06-09, 18:40
Your bleed nipple on the caliper could be blocked.. happens over time!

Take it out completely, and put a bolt in the whole to stop all the fluid escaping then get an airline and blow into the top of the nipple.. Theres a tiny hole, very hard to see, and its usually below the threads, the opposite end to the big hole at the top basically and air should escape through that.

If it doesnt then the nipple is blocked, might have to spray brake cleaner or something similar to help free it up and get a tiny drill bit that fits inside the large hole and try clean out the nipple with that also, then keep trying to get air to flow through from the top of the nipple to the bottom where the small hole is!

podge
06-06-09, 19:27
turns out the master cyclinder was fucked so fitted ne one and bleed up again but still problems
first time i took it up the road was perfect handbrake working the lot when got back noticed the brakes sticking a bit so took it up again and the brakes started to get stuck worst and worst on it and the brake pedal was solid:eek:so i changed the valcum valve on the top and it releasiied the brakes a bit but the brake pedal is still solid:o
any ideas

skelly
06-06-09, 20:26
did ye change d master cylender or slave cylender d master is the big black one the slave is the ine the brake lines come out if

podge
06-06-09, 20:27
changed the big black one at the bulk head

skelly
06-06-09, 20:31
try the slave cylender it could b fooked

podge
06-06-09, 20:33
wheres tat on the car

skelly
06-06-09, 20:35
it bolts onto the master cylender its the silver yoke that the 4 brake lines come from

podge
06-06-09, 20:37
i changed it all in the one go lad tat and the master cyclinder skylines only have 3 pipes one for the rear and one each for the front brakes

skelly
06-06-09, 20:42
oh yeah my bad ha take the front calipers off but leave the brakes in the caliper and press the brakes c if the pistons come out make sure ye leave the brakes in the caliper other wise the piston could come out to far and pop out.was it alright before ye put the hydro beake in

podge
06-06-09, 20:44
the whole lot came in the car dude i boiled the brakes in mondello the last day and went to bleed them then and could get the backs working and not the fronts so changed the master cyclinder and slave today and now the brakes r sticking on after driving it will try tat tomorrow

skelly
06-06-09, 20:47
alri sound lad by the way dis is skelly..ye doin the next drift track day

podge
06-06-09, 20:47
would the hicas have anything to do wit it as the light is on constantly now for it as well

podge
06-06-09, 20:48
alri sound lad by the way dis is skelly..ye doin the next drift track day

aw right ted ya ill be doing it was meant to go to tullow today but couldn get the car sorted:mad:

skelly
06-06-09, 21:00
ah rite ah tullow wasn dat gud.no it wouldn b d hicas dats jus for the rear wheel steer the reason the light would b on is cause id sale the fuse is pulled for it

Stevo
06-06-09, 21:15
would the hicas have anything to do wit it as the light is on constantly now for it as well

Afaik the hicas lite stays on when the lock out bar is put in!! could be wrong tho..:)

bart
07-06-09, 00:44
ted give me a ring tomorrow. i'll go out and have a look at it for you after work;)

Davie
07-06-09, 08:56
Afaik the hicas lite stays on when the lock out bar is put in!! could be wrong tho..:)

correct,but the hicas computer is under the rear parcel shelf and if ya cut the right wire it will turn off the light,
is it abs or none abs