PDA

View Full Version : car to a van???

bob2222
20-10-09, 18:45
im after getting my hands on a 206gti witch i to want to turn into a car van any body know whats needed in doing this?weld up seat belt mounts is all people can tell me:rolleyes: do i have to replace side windows with panels??or blacked out glass do the fob?have to keep weight limits or any thing like that?all info welcome lads

Davie
20-10-09, 18:48
you need a proper metal floor,i had to put metal panels on the inside of the windows on the last one i took in aswell

Spartacus
20-10-09, 19:00
Flat loading bay of over a metre squared in size. Could you use MDF to make the floor flat maybe? And there has to be something between the two front seats and the loading space to stop goods/tools etc flying forward.

andy t
20-10-09, 19:01
you should get away with weldin up da seat belt mounts so as they cant be put back in,
and for da windows just use black vinyl,,,,, peachy out

bob2222
21-10-09, 19:09
proper metal floor???thats a bit of work.are you certain on that lad?i was hopeing to be able to floor it/box it out in ply wood/mdf!ive seen a few car vans on the road overe last few days like golf/focus and they only have blacked out windows so im guessing that'll do grand!be a quick van with cheap tax:D

danmoorhead
21-10-09, 23:04
did one last week with ply and it passed no prob and the seat belts weren't welded up either!! had to black out the windows