PDA

View Full Version : Upping the power on an SR20

Romo
19-10-09, 19:59
Quick question lads, an I dont give a sh!t about sounding like a noob here but despite owning and driving a turbo for almost a year I still dont know shat about getting more power outta it :rolleyes:

Basically i'm gonna be pickin up a bigger turbo soon along with a mani, elbow, downpipe and a fmic. Now I know ill need bigger injectors and a remap before I can run it but is there anything else I'll need? Looking for about 280bhp

Cheers!

mr.jailbait
19-10-09, 20:03
dont need injectors for 280hp
do need a fuel pump

k1984w
19-10-09, 20:08
ye fuel pump, wat turbo you getting for it

Bobbys14
19-10-09, 20:09
Manifold will not make a differance to power.. 280bhp no need for a bigger turbo here i got 281bhp with standard turbo, ecu and injectors maby the ecu was chipped not sure.

I had boost controller at 0.8bar apexi air filter 3" exhaust from mani back (decat hugh differance) and front mount.:p

If you only want that power there is no need to spend a lot.. What turbo were you looking into?

Seamie tc
19-10-09, 20:12
I have amy s14a running at 300 bhp , she got a hks gtss turbo, fuel pump and presure regulater. Next step 555cc injectors,a z32 airflow meter and remap i will probaly go with a nistune remap.

Davie
19-10-09, 20:12
Quick question lads, an I dont give a sh!t about sounding like a noob here but despite owning and driving a turbo for almost a year I still dont know shat about getting more power outta it :rolleyes:

Basically i'm gonna be pickin up a bigger turbo soon along with a mani, elbow, downpipe and a fmic. Now I know ill need bigger injectors and a remap before I can run it but is there anything else I'll need? Looking for about 280bhp

Cheers!

what turbo ya thinkin of,s15?
what engine management are ya gunna use?
boost controller also
you've pretty much hit the nail in the head with your list assuming your have a exhaust decat air intake etc

mick
19-10-09, 20:15
get two more cylinders!

Romo
19-10-09, 20:54
dont need injectors for 280hp
do need a fuel pump
Ye got a walbro in it already, forgot to mention that

Grand so I can save a few bob there then....

Manifold will not make a differance to power.. 280bhp no need for a bigger turbo here i got 281bhp with standard turbo, ecu and injectors maby the ecu was chipped not sure.

I had boost controller at 0.8bar apexi air filter 3" exhaust from mani back (decat hugh differance) and front mount.:p

If you only want that power there is no need to spend a lot.. What turbo were you looking into?

Ye i know a mani only helps if your running big power but it looks pretty sexy, give it a nicer sound and I'll just sell it on if I dont boother keepin it, Dunno what the turbo is Stevo on here got it from Andy (recession busters) and he didnt know what it was either its a bit bigger then the standard one though....

what turbo ya thinkin of,s15?
what engine management are ya gunna use?
boost controller also
you've pretty much hit the nail in the head with your list assuming your have a exhaust decat air intake etc

Already got a HKS induction kit and cat back exhaust and getting a decat at the same time as everything else

I know even less about ecu's then I do about turbo's so it'll just be a case of dropping down to tdp and just being like here Robbie, make this work ha

get two more cylinders!
GTFO

@everyone else - Cheers!

mick
19-10-09, 20:58
boo hoo hoo, im romo, im gonna cryyyyyyyyyy!

Romo
19-10-09, 21:00
boo hoo hoo, im romo, im gonna cryyyyyyyyyy!

drinking on a Monday night mick?

mick
19-10-09, 21:01
no, just bored, and got my keyboard warrior armour on tonight! haha let the civic drivers beware!

Newsome
19-10-09, 22:21
My 180 sounded and ran way beter with standard mani. Its actually quiter with a four branch.

Administrator
19-10-09, 23:03
Check Jaycono's yokes spec Romo, he had around the 280 mark IIRC

yowdy
19-10-09, 23:04
man if you dont want to go down the road of an ecu at the monent get a good air/fuel controller like a apexi safc and get a z32, the safc will allow you to change your hotwire settings to run the z32, after that as above stated with your pump, a good fuel preasure reg, and a tweek you will easily see 280bhp:o

irishpaddy
21-10-09, 06:02
colder plugs, fuel pump, cheap boost controller, fmic, some sort of mapable ecu.. you would be pushing the t25 at that...

then when you have 280bhp... a new clutch cost the standard one wont cope.. new brakes cos you wont be able to stop.... and the list will go on and onand on...:o