PDA

View Full Version : Dorifto 200sx s13 CA18det

Arnie
03-10-09, 19:38
Hi,

Looking for an s13, for track use only so UK reg will do as well.
I have suspension, wheels, big brakes, FMIC, bodykit so these are not important. Must be solid underneath (usual rust on rear sills would be acceptable) and best without sunroof. Ideally with CA18det, t28 and HD stage2 chip but not necessary as I'll be going custom turbo setup.
It might have a shot engine or auto box or no engine at all LOL, but price would have to be adjusted accordingly.
Price range: max 1500 euro.

Arnie
03-10-09, 21:13
Looks like I'm looking for same kind of car as Kruizer :D Who's gonna be first!

s13-ste
04-10-09, 02:18
1500 will take mine away but il be crying as you do it:(

podge
04-10-09, 02:43
y look for chocolate bearing ca,s would ya not be better put small bit more for sr

Arnie
04-10-09, 10:18
@ s13-ste - can you pm me the spec and location (whereabouts are you)

@podge - if built right this engine will last. Most of CA's are high mileage and abused a lot and I'm aware of this. The reason why I'm doing it is because I have engine in the shed, all electronics and another crank.

BTW, re:bearings - same story for CA and RB25. If you rev it high for long periods of time the oil will go into rocker covers and the engine will have no oil hence big end failure.
Race engines require oil restrictors to the head (RB26 have one already) and extra oil drain pipe plus std oil drain pipes machined (enlarged)

rancido64
04-10-09, 10:27

He's in north dublin, couldn't tell ya the spec but there's a fair bit done to it alright :)

nixon001
04-10-09, 20:39
i have a 200sx rolling shell if u=you have an engine, take it away for 300, full interior theres an engine in it but the gearbox, camshafts nd a few other bits are gone, fairly rusty.... located in bray, north wicklow

Arnie
04-10-09, 21:32
Interested in this, but due to the distance I have to wait till next weekend. Not scared by the rust if it's not beyond repair.

It looks like I'll be going non-engined car route anyway. I'll have another knackered CA on wednesday, LOL.

Administrator
04-10-09, 21:35
Nixons thing was on the road up until early this year I think. If your decent with a welder I'd say go for it

m-sykes
04-10-09, 21:45

@podge - if built right this engine will last. Most of CA's are high mileage and abused a lot and I'm aware of this. The reason why I'm doing it is because I have engine in the shed, all electronics and another crank.

BTW, re:bearings - same story for CA and RB25. If you rev it high for long periods of time the oil will go into rocker covers and the engine will have no oil hence big end failure.
Race engines require oil restrictors to the head (RB26 have one already) and extra oil drain pipe plus std oil drain pipes machined (enlarged)

yea i had one and thats shit bout the bearings...if oil is changed and not rev'd constant for long periods there a great engine, my one was great at taking of the turbo spooled really quick compared to my sr20. body was desperate no, i hadn even seats of a bootlid or antin:)

Arnie
04-10-09, 21:51
I told you guys in my first post - I can join never-ending CAvsSR debate anytime:D:D:D
Btw, If you have any knackered CA's let me know, me shed will take few in:D:D

nixon001
05-10-09, 11:25
that one in bray has an engine minus cams nd big ends are gone, buy the whole car for 300!! its not beyond repair but wud take sum weldin! jus remembered actually ders no tax book...

it aint the green one darragh its d black bitch!!