PDA

View Full Version : rb running badly

mick
20-10-10, 18:41
was driving the skyline home last night and when i put the foot down, it just started to stutter an miss. i dont think it is a boost pipe as the turbo seems to be boosting ok and is making all the right noises etc. there had been a problem for a coupl eof days with the actuator coming and going. and theres also a hole in the exhaust manifold gasket. obviously ive to go and change the actuator and manifold gasket but does anyone have and ideas what else could be the problem??

Newsome
20-10-10, 18:44
Coilpacks, ignitor pack or air flow meter. Check all them. They like giving bother on rbs. And check spark plugs.

Dunnedriftin
20-10-10, 18:45
Start with the plugs... then check the AFM, Fuel pump, Coil packs.

I had this problem, threw in a new set of plugs and perfect. but considering the cold snap we have jut got it might be your afm

Robbie Daly Ps13
20-10-10, 19:06
Id be 99% its coilpacks lad...!

alan opel
20-10-10, 19:24
manifold gasket leaking, the exhaust manifold studs love to snap when opening them and if they snap there a fuckin cunt to get out, spluttering could definatly be coil packs, which one is always the question, was gna say plugs but if it was running fine, then not, its doubtful!

Dunnedriftin
20-10-10, 19:27
manifold gasket leaking, the exhaust manifold studs love to snap when opening them and if they snap there a fuckin cunt to get out, spluttering could definatly be coil packs, which one is always the question, was gna say plugs but if it was running fine, then not, its doubtful!

just because it was running fine dosnt mean it cant be plugs! ;)

mine was perfect not a bother, then out of the blue it just starting acting up, spluttering & missing... change the plugs and perfecto

mick
20-10-10, 19:28
i was thinking coilpacks alright, but just seems odd that theyd go with no warning atall. actually now i think of it, the other day, was hitting the bee*r a bit an she was a bit spluttery for bout five mins after that. ill have a proper look at it tomorow. yea, couple of the manifold studs are snaped already which is prob why it went:rolleyes: cheers lads

mick
20-10-10, 19:30
doubt its fuel pump, droping cylanders as opposed to cutitn in an out completely, will check tho

alan opel
20-10-10, 19:32
i was thinking coilpacks alright, but just seems odd that theyd go with no warning atall. actually now i think of it, the other day, was hitting the bee*r a bit an she was a bit spluttery for bout five mins after that. ill have a proper look at it tomorow. yea, couple of the manifold studs are snaped already which is prob why it went:rolleyes: cheers lads

im after doing 6 studs in mine, was a cunt of a job, i used CA studs, there shorter but some people seem to think there stronger! just use one washer on them instead of the usual 2! try plugs first, there cheaper an coil packs! when i bought mine it was spluttering too, so put plugs in it and was perfect, the plugs someone else had in it were the wrong ones!

casper
20-10-10, 19:46
had exact same problem and it was the coilpacks.

mick
20-10-10, 19:53
sound. ill go at it tomoro an see! cheers lads

Frankae86
20-10-10, 22:13
That car has splitfire coilpacks recently fitted and a walbro fuel pump.
Think he had a problem with a plug (connection) for one of the coilpacks...... cant rightly remember now

Jay Rockett
20-10-10, 22:21
That car has splitfire coilpacks recently fitted and a walbro fuel pump.
Think he had a problem with a plug (connection) for one of the coilpacks...... cant rightly remember now

If ya find out let him know, if not then Mick, take bits off Pete's car before he's home!!!

Frankae86
20-10-10, 22:35
Im half sorry i didnt buy this car myself for the money that was spent on it!
Handled fair well....

PeterT
20-10-10, 23:22
I've a bag full of spare coilpacks Mick!

Cefiro Panch
20-10-10, 23:25
As said above, someone prob damaged the plug that clips into the coilpack when they were changing plugs!

Just check all the wiring to the plugs that connect to the coilpack!!

gem-s13
20-10-10, 23:47
mick dont forget i have about 2 r32s up here in bits so call up with some casho and ill sort u out!!!!

mick
21-10-10, 17:31
right, had a quick play round with petes spare coilpacks. an they didnt make a difference. didnt change all of them, just the ones i thought were giving trouble. im thinking probably the driver unit now...... save changing plugs which o really would rather not do untill i have to i think thats about all i can do. no proper tools either cuz there all in fas! wreckin me head. ill look into it properly tomorow and see. also, the loom looks grand. although a couple of the connectors cracked to fuck wen i went at them.... balls

PeterT
21-10-10, 17:48
Intermeresting. Get gem down and tell him to bring a spare afm!

Romo
21-10-10, 19:14
mick here, on romos thing. eeeeh, yea i jus got loads o shit off him so gonna see if that works..

2wayTouge
25-10-10, 13:07
coilpacks. thats all it is.