PDA

View Full Version : s14 black top not idle ing rite.

Quille
14-10-10, 11:04
hey as the title says its a s14 black top vvt engine, the engine is idle ing high and rough, by rough i mean it like a missfire but when u rev the engine its not actually missfiring. and its sitting at about 1500 rpm, ive cleaned the airflow meter and changed the lamda sensor as i had one lying around, i cant find a split pipe on the intake,, basicaly i cant find a air leak that would cause it to rev up, the ignitor is alightly melted, but ive never had a prob with it before, anyone got any ideas....

thanks

Fredericks Balls
14-10-10, 11:18
I have no idea about the high idle, but maybe the misfire thing i can relate to. Our Silvia when idling has a slight miss regularly, but drives perfect. I rang the guy who mapped it and he said straight away that it sounded liked like the plugs need changing. I got a set during the week but havent fitted them yet. Its just like a tiny miss every second when ticking over, you can even feel the slight vibration...

Quille
14-10-10, 11:21
yep its exactly like that, now ive changed my plugs already and it didnt make a difference... if it works for you let me know. thanks

Fredericks Balls
14-10-10, 21:13
Yea will do

gary g
14-10-10, 23:07
was it always idling high? or did it just start doing it by its self one day?

Quille
15-10-10, 00:14
no it was idleing normal when i got it, it just got worse and worse, it hunts every now and again which points me towards the airflow meter

Bradley_Motorworks
17-10-10, 10:01
Air leak...prob around you FPR pipe

Quille
17-10-10, 21:02
Air leak...prob around you FPR pipe

hey prob a stupit question what is fpr pipe... fuel pressure reg ????

thedaggsy
18-10-10, 20:51
o.k had similiar prob's meself . try clean the airflow meter with carb cleaner
then clean the idle air control valve and maybe check your ecu for fault codes:D:D

doug
03-05-11, 12:43
old thread said ill search before posting a new one!
i have this problem too, the car runs and pulls perfect but when its ticking over i notice a slight misfire, it doesnt happend when the car is under load, its very very slight, i have changed the plugs only the other day to the ngk bcr8es ones, from what i se here if i clean the air flow meter with carb cleaner it may help? or could it be the coil packs?
any help id be greatful!