PDA

View Full Version : what to upgrade on my r32 for more boost?

dermot-r32
11-10-10, 15:46
as above lads, iam a newbe when it comes to this kind of stuff.:o
my skyline is bog standard and running .7bar,i know i need a front mount and fuel pump but after that iam lost,what do i need to up the boost and what bar boost will a standard turbo go to?
cheers lads for any help on this:)

git
11-10-10, 16:26
Plugs ?? i think .8 or .9 is the reccomended boost on a standard snail ........youl need to do some reinforcin as i call it :) ie. coilpacks good oil (correct heat range plugs) .........then start getting your z32 and watever choice of sucker ya go for !.............obdviously as you said intercooler etc etc

edit

then go looking for what ecu u want to go for loads of peeps on here can help you out power fc ,nistune ,motec , etctec

Dunnedriftin
11-10-10, 18:25
.9 is the most but im running mine at .85 just to be safe.

As said, Decent 15W50 Mobil 1 oil is what im running, decent coil packs / wasted spark kit, uprated fuel pump (walbro), Front mount i/c, & you have a good start for getting good power!

karl cp9a
11-10-10, 18:38
Plugs ?? i think .8 or .9 is the reccomended boost on a standard snail ........youl need to do some reinforcin as i call it :) ie. coilpacks good oil (correct heat range plugs) .........then start getting your z32 and watever choice of sucker ya go for !.............obdviously as you said intercooler etc etc

edit

then go looking for what ecu u want to go for loads of peeps on here can help you out power fc ,nistune ,motec , etctec

dont mind this fella he hasnt as clue what he,s talking about he,s still trying to get r32 going since 2008......:D:D:D

how,s she coming along chris?

Cooldrft
11-10-10, 19:23
It's not recommended to go over 0.85bar on a stock turbo.

My rb20 was pushing 275@fly with the following:
Apexi filter
Apex performance fmic
Gtr fuel pump
Ngk BKR7EIX plugs "gapped to 0.8mm"
Hks adjustable actuator "set @ 0.9bar"
Japspeed downpipe
De-cat
3" cat back exhaust
Stock afm + ecu.

I never had a problem with stock coilpacks.
I used 10w40 semi synthetic oil.
Used the car for track + road for 2years ,it never let me down.

GTSr32
11-10-10, 22:46
If its bog standard!

Full exhaust, turbo back 1st off....

standard turbo as said above .85 Bar seams to be what there happy working at, mine used to peak to .9

Along with Fuel Pump (id be getting this right away)

Maybe fuel reg with a bit of an up in pressure

Good spark

and get it on the rollers to make sure its ok!

After that it get pricy but id say if its standard you'll be happy with the above!

dermot-r32
12-10-10, 03:08
^^^^^^^sorry.it has a full exhaust,thanks for the advice lads,