PDA

View Full Version : Rb20 holding back until at optimum temp

PeterT
12-08-09, 21:12
Howdy. Have a problem in the cefiro, that when i start it cold (which is now taking a while to start) it holds back the revs until its at half temp on the gauge.

Its like in a carbed car when its cold and you rev it and it kind of bogs down, unless ur foot to the floor and its grand.

Literaly the SECOND the dial is in the middle of the gauge it kicks back to normal and runs properly....whats going on??

Pete

nixon001
12-08-09, 22:03
coolant temp senser maybe?? but u still need to change the plugs funboy!!

PeterT
12-08-09, 22:11
there isnt a coolant temp sensor in them as standard is there?

Jay Rockett
12-08-09, 22:52
there isnt a coolant temp sensor in them as standard is there?

How dyu think your temperature gauge works?!

But do try the plugs first, that SHOULD help your starting issue!
Also does you temperature effect your idle, like when ya start the car in the morning
will the idle be much higher than when its warmed up fully?? i know your yoke has wierd idle issues but besides that?

PeterT
13-08-09, 12:54
How dyu think your temperature gauge works?!

But do try the plugs first, that SHOULD help your starting issue!
Also does you temperature effect your idle, like when ya start the car in the morning
will the idle be much higher than when its warmed up fully?? i know your yoke has wierd idle issues but besides that?

blonde moment ha.

eh no, idles the same all the time no matter what temp, its a little higher when cold as its meant to. When i start it first, and just give it a quick rev, the revs drop instead of rise, thats how shit it is when its under temp!

Jay Rockett
13-08-09, 12:58
Ya need to stick the new plugs in anyway to get that outa the way..

Then mayb we'll have a good look at it after the weekend? havnt really tried sorting it ever in fairness!

Greg
13-08-09, 15:00
Would the bogging down be from the car flooding itself when you rev it???? Like it's over fuelling when it's cold.

s13-ste
13-08-09, 15:03
no greg its bogging down because pete is a chubby fucker:D:D:D

PeterT
13-08-09, 17:55
Then mayb we'll have a good look at it after the weekend? havnt really tried sorting it ever in fairness!

true. but we have drinking and wakeboarding to do so thats out of the question.

Jay Rockett
13-08-09, 22:59
Yeah, hence the
after the weekend

P.S.. cant waith for this weekend!!!!

Dunnedriftin
14-08-09, 00:32
sounds like overfueling when its cold to me, but i duno :confused:

iv a RB20 in the skyline and it dosnt have any problem when cold. Try the plugs first anyway...

thegosson
14-08-09, 00:48
do i remember you asking about putting in bigger injectors without an aftermarket ecu or without mapping??? if you put them in, thats your problem there. maybe i was imagining things tho

PeterT
14-08-09, 00:51
yup yup i was, there still sitting in my bedroom though (i hope). plugs may be done asap to eliminate that idea!

Jay Rockett
14-08-09, 09:54
do i remember you asking about putting in bigger injectors without an aftermarket ecu or without mapping??? if you put them in, thats your problem there. maybe i was imagining things tho

Yea but that was along with a bigger turbo which he hasnt fitted yet!

Ah we'll sort it out next week!

serious tom
14-08-09, 10:21
what about the ECU thinking its still running JDM fuel, like ron 110? expecting more power at like really low revs?
only an idea as i know fuck all!

nixon001
14-08-09, 13:38

hes waitin on his power fc to be fixed nd den everytins goin in so itl be all the cans!!

serious love-na that would run shit all the time, and if it was still mapped for japland it wud have blown up already!

serious tom
14-08-09, 13:56
ok thanks for the clarification ;)
so what happens is the ecu changed as they are imported?

nixon001
14-08-09, 15:01
no there mapped for irish fuel...

PeterT
14-08-09, 15:15
it is still mapped for japland fuel!

PeterT
14-08-09, 15:16
well its not mapped, its just the same untouched ecu that it rain in japan...

e30h26
13-11-09, 11:50
I had the exact same issue with my 32 pete, new AFM fixed it. Been looking for this thread all morning to write this :D

git
13-11-09, 13:28
isnt ther two coolant temperature sensors ????? one for the dash and one for the ecu ?????

R32slider
13-11-09, 16:39
Id say new plugs would be the first thing to try, if that doesnt fix it id try changin the AFM, or it could be the cold start valve, its the valve that opens up when engine is cold to let more air in, this could be stuck closed causin it not to rev till engine gets warm enough, all just guess work,

e30h26
13-11-09, 16:47
Its the AFM, i had exactly what Peter is describing and changing the AFM fixed it.

Dunnedriftin
13-11-09, 20:19
had this problem with mine last weekend, just dying, rev up to 3.5/4k RPM then mis fire like a bitch for a few seconds and then rev on up....

happened everytime i reved her! :(

lashed in a new set of plugs and she was perfect then.!

PeterT
14-11-09, 02:25
holy thread bump!!! im sorted these days!

git
14-11-09, 10:41
holy thread bump!!! im sorted these days!

ya get sorted dude ??

PeterT
16-11-09, 13:18
sort of! its happens sometimes now, gona check sensor when ive another rb20 to test bits off near me!

git
16-11-09, 21:49
sort of! its happens sometimes now, gona check sensor when ive another rb20 to test bits off near me!

more than welcome to use mine :)!