PDA

View Full Version : help sr20

rburns07
18-09-10, 20:37
well hoes it goin?i bought a s14 there nearly 2 weeks ago i was driveing it home and it ran out of petrol then put some n and it has started 2 miss and splutter when boot is put down..changed pug leads coilpack plugs and it is still doing it!!done a compression test and its ok aswell anyone know whwt this is??thanks in advance!!:)

Keli
18-09-10, 20:38
You could've clogged up your fuel filter with all the grime on the end of your tank?

1-JAY-Z
18-09-10, 20:39
well hoes it goin?i bought a s14 there nearly 2 weeks ago i was driveing it home and it ran out of petrol then put some n and it has started 2 miss and splutter when boot is put down..changed pug leads coilpack plugs and it is still doing it!!done a compression test and its ok aswell anyone know whwt this is??thanks in advance!!:)

Probably dirt after been stirred up from the bottom maybe?

rburns07
18-09-10, 20:41
You could've clogged up your fuel filter with all the grime on the end of your tank?

yeah i must check that..if i run a line straight tru would that work??

Keli
18-09-10, 20:42
yeah i must check that..if i run a line straight tru would that work??

Best off to just change the filter I'd say but I'm far from an expert! :o

rburns07
18-09-10, 20:42
Probably dirt after been stirred up from the bottom maybe?

i hope its something simple..or pump mayb done??

rburns07
18-09-10, 20:44
Best off to just change the filter I'd say but I'm far from an expert! :o

yeah prob the best idea alright..thanks keli..:)

rburns07
19-09-10, 09:45
any other suggestions??thanks in advance!!:D

S14a johno
19-09-10, 10:23
bad fuel??
did you change the filter and did it work?
like i say there shitand dirty in the lines
and the fuel filter
like you chnaged the plugs, coil pack and it firen
so then it down to fuel,

rburns07
19-09-10, 10:29
bad fuel??
did you change the filter and did it work?
like i say there shitand dirty in the lines
and the fuel filter
like you chnaged the plugs, coil pack and it firen
so then it down to fuel,

yeah its firen good..
didnt change the filter no.
would i need pro boost or millers its only runnin about 250-260 brake??

S14a johno
19-09-10, 10:35
yeah its firen good..
didnt change the filter no.
would i need pro boost or millers its only runnin about 250-260 brake??

dont put any that stuff near the car, any fuel addatie will screw up the fueln even more, i know that from experanice took me ages to clear the lines
but even if you did add it, still not solve the problem, like i say it the pump
like all that stuff is doing in makeing it a higher octance

well she firen so she getn fuel, but the fuel can be dirty, like when
it ran low ya could have gotnn the shit in the bottom of the tank
best ting todo change the filter like keli said
becasue that first point when it gona get stuck

like i take she still not rite

ill put it this way everyting was grand until you ran outr of fuel
then she started spluttern and missing
so it could be fuel or just shit in the lines
id change the filter first and then see what happens

rburns07
19-09-10, 10:38
dont put any that stuff near the car, any fuel addatie will screw up the fueln even more, i know that from experanice took me ages to clear the lines

well she firen so she getn fuel, but the fuel can be dirty, like when
it ran low ya could have gotnn the shit in the bottom of the tank
best ting todo change the filter like keli said
becasue that first point when it gona get stuck

like i take she still not rite but the fella i bought the car off said dis mornin 2 put some in??yea could b dirt alrite..

S14a johno
19-09-10, 10:42
but the fella i bought the car off said dis mornin 2 put some in??yea could b dirt alrite..

well you can try it, just from experance i put octance booster in the car to clean all the jets and the internals and was over fueling for weeks
tink i screwed up the map or someting, but i had fill the thank twice to clear it all out, a lession well leraned
but beaering in mind i got mine maped to the irish fuel

but try it but dont fill the tank to the brim, just quater or half a tank
and see how you get on,
if the chap say use fire away, maybe he used it before

like iam saying not to use, but just i had a bad experanice with the stuff

does your car have the standerd ecu

rburns07
19-09-10, 10:50
well you can try it, just from experance i put octance booster in the car to clean all the jets and the internals and was over fueling for weeks
tink i screwed up the map or someting, but i had fill the thank twice to clear it all out, a lession well leraned
but beaering in mind i got mine maped to the irish fuel

but try it but dont fill the tank to the brim, just quater or half a tank
and see how you get on,
if the chap say use fire away, maybe he used it before

like iam saying not to use, but just i had a bad experanice with the stuff

does your car have the standerd ecu

yeah i no what u mean,the boy said that he used it doe??i mite try it and change filter aswell.:)
yeah the car still standard ecu as far as i know??

colm
19-09-10, 11:43
change your fuel filter.

dont bother with octane booster, spend your money on wortwhile bits

P.s13 silvy
19-09-10, 12:51
fuel pump is shot, or the filter on the end of the pump is cacked up with gook

NIALL JZX
19-09-10, 13:09
is there an aftermarket fuel pump in it ??
does it make a load noise wen u turn on ignition before u start the car ? if there is a load buzzin you'l know its uprated fuel pump...

if there is find out wat make it is...
possibly walbro by the sounds of it.. ive heard of a good few walbros goin to shit when the car runs out of petrol , with walbro pumps ya shouldn let the petrol go below quarter of a tank....
gtr pump are ten times better;) if you decide to replace the pump id put in a gtr one if i was you:)

rburns07
19-09-10, 13:15
is there an aftermarket fuel pump in it ??
does it make a load noise wen u turn on ignition before u start the car ? if there is a load buzzin you'l know its uprated fuel pump...

if there is find out wat make it is...
possibly walbro by the sounds of it.. ive heard of a good few walbros goin to shit when the car runs out of petrol , with walbro pumps ya shouldn let the petrol go below quarter of a tank....
gtr pump are ten times better;) if you decide to replace the pump id put in a gtr one if i was you:)

yeah it makes a whineing noise yeah..it is lifting the fuel like once it gets a high rev its flyin??

rburns07
19-09-10, 13:16
fuel pump is shot, or the filter on the end of the pump is cacked up with gook

i checked the pump dis mornin and it not blocked up??

rburns07
19-09-10, 13:16
change your fuel filter.

dont bother with octane booster, spend your money on wortwhile bits

thanks m8..

NIALL JZX
19-09-10, 13:28
take the feed pipe off the fuel filter and join it to another piece of pipe n stick it in a clean bucket , get someone to turn on ignition an watch to see if any shit comes out....

have a look at the filter while your at it..

if no shit comes from pipe , an petrol runs through fine , then its ur filter is blocked...

rburns07
19-09-10, 17:35
take the feed pipe off the fuel filter and join it to another piece of pipe n stick it in a clean bucket , get someone to turn on ignition an watch to see if any shit comes out....

have a look at the filter while your at it..

if no shit comes from pipe , an petrol runs through fine , then its ur filter is blocked...

will do thanks lad!!

gary g
19-09-10, 17:40
i'm gonna come at this from a different angle! i reckon if it aint a fueling problem,or sparking problem,that just leaves BOOST LEAK!! check all your pipe work for any tiny hole or slits, and also was it raining hard anytime where you are or did you hit any flood,could be wet air filter or afm sensor, just my two cents hope this helps bud

pepsterx
19-09-10, 17:46
i'm gonna come at this from a different angle! i reckon if it aint a fueling problem,or sparking problem,that just leaves BOOST LEAK!! check all your pipe work for any tiny hole or slits, and also was it raining hard anytime where you are or did you hit any flood,could be wet air filter or afm sensor, just my two cents hope this helps bud

I think the car is N/A lad so it should be a fuel problem if all of the ignition side of things was taken care of properly:)

gary g
19-09-10, 17:53
oh its a non turbo!! my bad, wuda been a boost leak though ha ha, anyway right fuelin problem so,take out the injectors and see if one is blocked wih shite!

rburns07
19-09-10, 19:24
oh its a non turbo!! my bad, wuda been a boost leak though ha ha, anyway right fuelin problem so,take out the injectors and see if one is blocked wih shite!

no no its a turbo 1 surely..and its not a boost leak but thanks anyway??

rburns07
19-09-10, 19:25
I think the car is N/A lad so it should be a fuel problem if all of the ignition side of things was taken care of properly:)

its a turbo 1!!

gary g
19-09-10, 22:47
try changing the afm sensor

rburns07
20-09-10, 15:23
try changing the afm sensor

i did it didnt help,,thanks 4 all the help folks!!

NIALL JZX
20-09-10, 15:31
so did ya get sorted yet ?

tell us what ya did an wat ya didnt do yet ....?

luke200
20-09-10, 16:27
defo suckd up dirt happnd t me b4

rburns07
20-09-10, 18:28
so did ya get sorted yet ?

tell us what ya did an wat ya didnt do yet ....?

filter was clogged up put a new 1 in and away she goes all sorted out..thanks 4 all the help folks!!:):D:)

rburns07
20-09-10, 18:28
defo suckd up dirt happnd t me b4

yea filter was wrote off:psorted out now doe!!

Keli
20-09-10, 18:47
filter was clogged up put a new 1 in and away she goes all sorted out..thanks 4 all the help folks!!:):D:)

I win! :D
woo hoo!